Player positions

TigerRoo

Reaction score
I signed a new Attacking Right Midfielder but when I place him in that position his 'dot' goes bright red (signalling he is out of position I believe). I drag him back to Right Midfielder and his 'dot' goes dark green (meaning that he is OK in this position but it is not his preferred position). Anywhere else and he goes bright red. Is this a 'bug'?
I ask this as his stats and value suggest that he should be performing well above the 6.2 and 6.3 he is being awarded each game. I have sent him into the reserves as his stats are not acceptable. Should I get rid, re-train him or what? Any suggestions.

You could check his playable position at the position tab on the player page. Else, you could retrain him in the position that you want him to play.

By the way who is it that you sign?

click on positions on his profile for more detailed player position information, who is the attacking mid one of use will check him on our game

His name is Kevan Hurst and he is an attacking midfielder right/left that I bought from Scunthorpe.
I checked his 'position' tag and he is bright green on 'Attacking Midfielder Left' and 'Midfielder Right', dark green on 'Midfielder Left' and 'Pale Green' on 'Striker' and 'Midfielder Centre'.
He is 23 years of age with 'right foot' only - why is he favoured on the left then and not on the attacking right where I want him?

He probably likes to cut inside from the left and have pot shots at goal.

His name is Kevan Hurst and he is an attacking midfielder right/left that I bought from Scunthorpe.
I checked his 'position' tag and he is bright green on 'Attacking Midfielder Left' and 'Midfielder Right', dark green on 'Midfielder Left' and 'Pale Green' on 'Striker' and 'Midfielder Centre'.
He is 23 years of age with 'right foot' only - why is he favoured on the left then and not on the attacking right where I want him?

Retrain him to be a right winger then. Player profile, overview, new position. Choose Attacking Midfielder (Right) for him to be able to train on that new position. You got to keep playing him in the position that you want him to often to speed up the process. You can also suggest to him to dribble down the right flank too.

The trouble is that it isn't a 'new' position as he is an "Attacking Midfielder Right and Left". I will, however, try your suggestions and see what happens.
Thanks for your help. Much appreciated.

Any chance of you putting up a screen shot like this for your player?