Player Preferred Moves Guide: A Definitive Look

Did you find this guide useful?

• Yes

Votes: 240 93.4%
  • No

Votes: 17 6.6%

• Total voters
Just wondering, has anybody taught a player Places Shots and Shoots with power to the same player...

I had a good younger striker on an older save, he had tries first time shots and places shots and shoots from distance. He was still young 19/20 IIRC, and should have been open to trying to learn some more, but he refused to try and learn shoots with power. The combo of power and placement would be deadly.
ive not been able to teach a player both, i think they are mutually exclusive

cheers raikan, guys this thread is ONLY about PPM's, use the search tool for anything else

sorry could not find the players role thread thought it was in players forum but could not find it have realised it is in tactics
I apologize again for any inconvinience

Hadn't seen this thread before, very nice work.

themadsheep can i send more photos for help ? i need your advice about 2-3 players

I got a problems with PPM. First of, Cut Inside. I retarined Wayne Rooney as AML, he already have Shoots from distance, shoots with power and since I play him inside forward, I think Cut Inside would work well for him. But I can't train it, it's not in the list. What should I do?

What about "Plays one twos" and "Likes to switch to other flank," i think these two can be more effective that plays killer balls imo, you can create alot of space from nothing with these two PPM's on wingers or quick centre mids. Hope this helped (A)

I got a problems with PPM. First of, Cut Inside. I retarined Wayne Rooney as AML, he already have Shoots from distance, shoots with power and since I play him inside forward, I think Cut Inside would work well for him. But I can't train it, it's not in the list. What should I do?
hey man, has he become natural in Aml yet or is he still only accomplished? (as this may be the problem that he is not naturally Aml and the PPM options for Aml would be that)
secondly as Inside forward they are by default made to cut inside anyway, (so he does not need to learn this) he already does it from his role...
rather teach him to "run with ball more often" or "attempt 1st time shots"
hope that answers your question :D

---------- Post added at 01:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:14 PM ----------

What about "Plays one twos" and "Likes to switch to other flank," i think these two can be more effective that plays killer balls imo, you can create alot of space from nothing with these two PPM's on wingers or quick centre mids. Hope this helped (A)
these are not PPM options on Fm10 mate (K)

rooney starts with 6 ppms. the maximum as you can teach is 5 ppms. you'd have to unteach 2 before you can teach any, besies you dont need to teach as raikan says, since they are automaticaly set to it as inside forward

---------- Post added at 04:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:14 PM ----------

bott of those are in the game, but they are hidden PPM's (gourcuff has them both), there are quite a few hidden ones. you cannot teach them

oh aweosme, never knew that, i knew curl ball was one, but i have never come accross those ones (i have never bought Gourcouff :)) good to know chief ;)

oh aweosme, never knew that, i knew curl ball was one, but i have never come accross those ones (i have never bought Gourcouff :)) good to know chief ;)
yeah dictates tempo as also become a hidden one, gourcuff has that too :D. this is speculation, but i believe anyone described in the game as a playmaker has it, and will probably have other key playmaker ppms like plays one twos etc.

i have a question. what about this situation: i i play with trequartista on the fc position. would it be wise to teach him both "comes deep to get ball" and "moves into channels"? i want him to get deep when not in posession and move into channels when we have the ball. would it work? and if not which would be better for TQ role??

Last edited:
I use a lone advanced forward in a 4231, I've taught him ppm;s "come to get deep ball", "moves into channels" and "run with ball often". I'm now wondering what to teach him next and I have to be careful as there's only 5 ppm's allowed

Would beat the off side trap negate come to get deep ball as he's coming to get the deep ball? he's pretty quick so I thought it migh help him as he's on his own up there or should place shots be the one I encourage?

I use a lone advanced forward in a 4231, I've taught him ppm;s "come to get deep ball", "moves into channels" and "run with ball often". I'm now wondering what to teach him next and I have to be careful as there's only 5 ppm's allowed

Would beat the off side trap negate come to get deep ball as he's coming to get the deep ball? he's pretty quick so I thought it migh help him as he's on his own up there or should place shots be the one I encourage?
yes it would mate, for his stats i would suggest (place shots in corner/go around keeper when 1 on 1/try lob keeper/dribble through centre of the park) the ones in Purple would probably be best suited to the role you play him in and the type of player he is... :wub:

One more question

what's the difference between dwells on ball vs stops play? particularly for strong targetmen in a support duty, which I think should be useful in combination with plays back to goal as he's looking to bring poachers/inside forwards into play. Both slow the game down?

One more question

what's the difference between dwells on ball vs stops play? particularly for strong targetmen in a support duty, which I think should be useful in combination with plays back to goal as he's looking to bring poachers/inside forwards into play. Both slow the game down?
dwells on ball means he holds up the ball as natural tendenc (similar to the hold up ball instruction)
stops play means he's literally put his foot on the ball. stops play is more severe, but both sloe the game down

I just have a question.
Let's say that you have a team, where every player have 20 in all stats. What would be the best PPM to develop? I don't have this players, of course, but it will really be helpfull to know.
-
- - -
-
- -
-
- - -
That's my formation, a narrow 3-1-2-1-3.
Nice guide, and I hope you can answer my question in some degree :)