Player progress after the age of 25

mafi

Reaction score
In FM 2009 players stop to progress after the age of 24, 25 or 26.
This happens also in reality in most cases but there are many exceptions.
There are a lot of players who did not shine at all before the age of 25 but exploded later becoming world class players (Luca Toni for example).In FM2009 this would not happen to any player at all.
In other cases many world class players decrease their value drastically before the age of 30 becoming anonymous.Gaizka Mendieta is the best example after he went to Lazio.Another example would be Ronaldinho.He's still a good player but his value decreased a lot compared to 2005-2006 and he's only 29 years old at this moment.
I think some players who are not superstars at the age of 25 should explode later while other superstars should decrease their value even before the age of 30.
This should happen randomly to some players each season and, of course, not to the same players everytime you start a game.

Maybe this randomly events must be implemented in the next FM.

In FM 2009 players stop to progress after the age of 24, 25 or 26.
This happens also in reality in most cases but there are many exceptions.
There are a lot of players who did not shine at all before the age of 25 but exploded later becoming world class players (Luca Toni for example).In FM2009 this would not happen to any player at all.
In other cases many world class players decrease their value drastically before the age of 30 becoming anonymous.Gaizka Mendieta is the best example after he went to Lazio.Another example would be Ronaldinho.He's still a good player but his value decreased a lot compared to 2005-2006 and he's only 29 years old at this moment.
I think some players who are not superstars at the age of 25 should explode later while other superstars should decrease their value even before the age of 30.
This should happen randomly to some players each season and, of course, not to the same players everytime you start a game.

Maybe this randomly events must be implemented in the next FM.

Vagner love is 28 in my game and still progressing,sure not as good as a regen but he he is still progressing,same goes for my C ronaldo at the age of 28.

But yeah I guess I get your point that some of the players should progress like regens later than others

Wasn't Ian Wright still playing semi pro at the age of about 23? a prime example...

It is represented - by whether or no PA reaches CA by the time they are 24/25. What you see slowing is natural progression, especially in physical stats but if the physical stats are low (relative to PA) then further increases in mental stats will then take place if his CA is still below his PA and you are able to get CA to increase further through playing him and success on the pitch.

Jason Bristow a center back for me still progressed up to 30, then his physical stats decreased dramatically at 31, but at 32 his mental stats still progressed.
At 33 his technical stats dropped dramatically, along with his mental and another drop in physical stats, he is now a vegetable

Jason Bristow a center back for me still progressed up to 30, then his physical stats decreased dramatically at 31, but at 32 his mental stats still progressed.
At 33 his technical stats dropped dramatically, along with his mental and another drop in physical stats, he is now a vegetable

It is possible to delay this a bit through reducing physical aspects of training and boosting the mental aspects but much depends on the natural fitness of the player - if that's low, his decline will be steep and sudden. You can manage it a bit (a season or so) but after that, it's scrapheap time.