DKDTactician

Reaction score
Players I have a question which I can't seem to get answered using the almighty Google.

I'm playing Almere City in the Eredivisie, and I have a CM player which I rescued from Inter and nurtured into a top flight player. However beginning off the sixth season, after I already made steps to overall improve the quality of players on my side. He came with the threat that unless we would improve he would make steps to insure his departures from our side.

Now for my question, is there a criteria which you have to follow to get him to stay? Because I believe we have gotten the players needed to cement our strength. And it's so sad I can't tell him like them he once was. He didn't become one of our best over night. Took some hard work and 2 years of playing games.

So yeah if the simple answer is. You just have to lay down money to get a well known player. I'll have the answer for him and that is simply the next possible opportunity he'll get his wish for the bigger club. From the money I could make a complete new eleven anyway.

Where are you positioned on the table at the moment? Sounds like he is just generally unhappy, perhaps due to team under performing? If not then maybe try offer him a new contract with more incentives or higher wages or sign a player or staff member he suggests to you to try and distract him.

**** sometimes Football Manager is much more simplistic than I make it out to be.

Well for the first time we are actually really holding up well. Standing in 7th place after 4 games season 2016. So from my own personal point of view this has the making of being our second best season after our initial success the first season. But yes in making the purchases I completely negated the simply question if he knew another player we could get.

Cause if I can get him to stay on for like at least 3 more seasons, I think his price tag could be increased exponentially. However I can already get around 5 Mil for the player as it is.

But yeah starting up Football Manager to see if and who he would recommend perhaps I can wing it and go for glory once again.

Thnx for the reply :D.

Update:

Well the player at the end of the transfer window still wanted to leave because I hadn't brought in the reinforcements I promised. Even though I added 7 extra players to my selection. None of them were established super stars no. But they did strengthen the team across the board.

So sad but let it be a lesson, the moment young superstars start running there mouths. Let them go where ever they want, or win every match.

In my case some many dreams away...

Bad luck mate sometimes there's just nothing you can do. You asked him for recommendations on staff and players right? By the sounds of it at least if you transfer him you will get a good payout to replace him with.