vnguyen06

Reaction score
Hey guys, I've got this problem with Coentrao where we got into some massive argument over A YEAR ago now to do with his training & dropping him to reserves (which I realise now was a mistake & I know it's pretty stupid of me to harass my players to train & perform better every single day, but it keeps morale at an all-time high with every player on 'Superb' lol).
Anyway, it's now gotten to the point where I ended up loaning him out last season to OL for him to return with OL not purchasing him for a future fee, which I had hoped. Since he's been back, he's been on the bench & played only a few games as a late-sub or League Cup match.
Does anybody know how I can repair our relationship as EVERY time I try to have a chat with him, he says he isn't having any of it :mad: I really don't wanna let him go, as he's quality & performs pretty well even when morale is low & still has a few years left on his contract.
Or is there nothing I can do but offer Mutual Termination & let him go for free?

You put Coentrao in your reserves, one question...

WHAT ON EARTH WAS YOU THINKING.

Hahaha, the chats got quite heated & I got ****** off with him & subsequently dropped him to the reserves. Once he started complaining, I realised straight away I f**ked up, but being the idiot that I

---------- Post added at 05:26 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:24 AM ----------

Hahaha, the chats got quite heated & I got ****** off with him & subsequently dropped him to the reserves. Once he started complaining, I realised straight away I f**ked up...But being the idiot that I am, I challenged him to prove to me that he deserved to be in the regular squad.

That only made things worse. Guess I'm gonna have to let him go..:(

Only thing I can think of is signing one of his favored persons. Not much more you can do if he won't talk to you...

What happens if you try to praise him for his performances? Can you do that?

Only thing I can think of is signing one of his favored persons. Not much more you can do if he won't talk to you...

Lol.

You're guessing how I'm on his favoured personnel right? Well, whilst he was on loan at OL I was actually able to chat with him! After a few chats to do with his poor training & form (as OL were not playing him & he was lacking match fitness) I managed to get onto his favoured personnel...Sucks as I'm literally on my whole team's favoured personnel after constant positive private chats.

You've just given me a brain-wave though...I think I'm gonna try loaning him out again & hopefully I'll be able to talk to him through that loan move. And from there, try to somehow snake my way back into his good books so I can start chatting with him again.

Last edited:
What happens if you try to praise him for his performances? Can you do that?

Wish I could, but I can't. Any time I try to chat, he cuts me down instantly with "I feel our relationship has broken down & I've not got the patience to talk to you"

i think you should sell coentrao. Although his stats are good, from the screenshot you posted, it seems Coentrao is "alienated", meaning that a large number of players in your squad does not see eye to eye with him and even has him as a "disliked personnel" (if you use FMRTE to check it out). I dont think he will be happy in the team if 60% of the people do not like him. This also happened to me with Mascherano in Barcelona, he hated Thiago and after some talks, i could not convince him. He then "lost all patience to talk to me" and from then on, many of my players listed him as a disliked personnel.

i think you should sell coentrao. Although his stats are good, from the screenshot you posted, it seems Coentrao is "alienated", meaning that a large number of players in your squad does not see eye to eye with him and even has him as a "disliked personnel" (if you use FMRTE to check it out). I dont think he will be happy in the team if 60% of the people do not like him. This also happened to me with Mascherano in Barcelona, he hated Thiago and after some talks, i could not convince him. He then "lost all patience to talk to me" and from then on, many of my players listed him as a disliked personnel.

I agree, and you can probably find a player with similar ability if not more ability as you're Man City

I agree, and you can probably find a player with similar ability if not more ability as you're Man City

I've got a French regen wonderkid from Auxerre already who has the potential to be better than Coentrao :)

But at 17 years old, he's nowhere near ready...Really don't wanna get rid of Coentrao & I wanna find a quick good replacement who isn't too expensive...I've got the money, but I'm also currently losing money as I'm paying installments for loads of wonderkids I've signed. Therefore, I'm not looking to spend any massive over-inflated amounts on players. Haven't signed any proper players in a year (apart from Hamsik for £8 million, after I found out he wanted to leave Napoli for a bigger club :D)

Last edited:
I've got a French regen wonderkid from Auxerre already who has the potential to be better than Coentrao :)

But at 17 years old, he's nowhere near ready...Really don't wanna get rid of Coentrao & I wanna find a quick replacement who isn't too expensive...I've got the money, but currently losing money as I'm paying installments for loads of wonderkids I've signed, so haven't signed any proper players in a year (apart from Hamsik for £8 million, after I found out he wanted to leave Napoli for a bigger club :D)

Have you considered loans? It's a viable, affordable albeit short-term measure.

Have you considered loans? It's a viable, affordable albeit short-term measure.

Yeah I might just do that actually since I'm currently in the January transfer market. Any suggestions? I know it's starting to go off topic, but finding really good LB's worthy of my team is annoying..

Yeah I might just do that actually since I'm currently in the January transfer market. Any suggestions? I know it's starting to go off topic, but finding really good LB's worthy of my team is annoying..

I dont know of much specific targets, i just get me assistant manager to compile reports of players available for loan.

Sell him mate, if you loan him it seems like you are more interested in your relationship with him than his progression as a footballer or his career,

Thats if you wanna be realistic,
Think of it this way would you loan a player out in real life just so you may be able to talk to him, he looks alienated and therefor probably sell him and make a bit of money.

Sell him mate, if you loan him it seems like you are more interested in your relationship with him than his progression as a footballer or his career,

Thats if you wanna be realistic,
Think of it this way would you loan a player out in real life just so you may be able to talk to him, he looks alienated and therefor probably sell him and make a bit of money.

Yeah, but I also have the interests of the club in hand & would like him to see out his contract...However, I agree that it sounds ridiculous for me to keep dilly-dalling on his relationship with me lol Probably will let him go for free as I've been offering him to clubs for half what I bought him, yet nobody is interested. *****.

Yeah, but I also have the interests of the club in hand & would like him to see out his contract...However, I agree that it sounds ridiculous for me to keep dilly-dalling on his relationship with me lol Probably will let him go for free as I've been offering him to clubs for half what I bought him, yet nobody is interested. *****.

Haha i know its pretty irritating when you try to sell your players,

I was offering michael owen to other clubs for 500k and no-one wanted him????

I bought gareth bale for 40 million and he just underperformed no matter where i played him so i offered him and i could only get 15 million even though he was valued at 20million at the time.

I guess see if there is a good regen in the same position, btw what year you in?

Haha i know its pretty irritating when you try to sell your players,

I was offering michael owen to other clubs for 500k and no-one wanted him????

I bought gareth bale for 40 million and he just underperformed no matter where i played him so i offered him and i could only get 15 million even though he was valued at 20million at the time.

I guess see if there is a good regen in the same position, btw what year you in?

Currently in January 2013 having just signed 3 potential regen wonderkids; Santiago, Ballo (my LB wonderkid) & Dale Wood...Santiago is described as similar player to Vidic & Dale Wood dubbed the 'next Michael Owen' lol :) What about you, what year you in?

I managed to get Bale for £12 mill...Although I read somewhere that there's some sort of transfer bug? I'd like to think my 'player tapping' skills helped out on this one though :D

I had the same problem with Grant Holt at Norwich, because he wanted to leave, just sell them and take the money, there is nothing you can do