Player replacements at Newcastle?

Chryne

Reaction score
Got to the Jan transfer window in 1st season, and having such a pittance for transfer funds has led to me having to sell 5 players who were being scouted by other prem teams:

Beye to West Ham: 5m
Smith to West Ham: 5m
Martins to Spurs: 15m
Taylor to Man City: 12m
Jose Enrique to Everton: 7.5m
Total of 44.5m to spend :)

Obv I could do with a couple of replacements for them; atm the most needed would be a striker, and a left and a right defender.

I have Cardozo in my sights to replace Martins for 10m (I'd much rather get Balotelli, but of course he's not interested X|).

Any suggestions for new guys alongside Cardozo? (Or even instead of him?)

for your defenders you could probably get rafael (RWB) and fabio (LWB) twins from man utd for around 15mill for both ( if not i would go to 20 - 25 mark) just put bid of initial fee 2.5 then 10 million over monthly installments or summat like that, they would be wiked signings as they are young but still quality and they can play almost every possition on pitch so can be back up for the rest of your players

Last edited:
Yeah, I was aware of Fabio and Rafael, but as of now, Rafael isnt interested in moving to Newcastle >.<

Shame, cause Man U accepted 4 mil for him. >.<

Pavel Pogrebnyak from zenit is quite good and cheap. Git him for 4.5 mil at start of season though.

umm god man dnt sell owen if so get 40m for him i did never regret it

jonahten cristaldo from velez must buy
man city thanks for the cash ha ha

Marvin Angulo for a right back cheaper than Cardozo, Emiliano Insua would be a good left back which would cost around £3.8 million to £4.0 .

Giourkas Seitaridis from Atletico Madrid is an awesome right back, sign him for about 4million!!!

Vincent Muratori. cost me 10m but really worth it. constantly in the 7.4s each game.

My first season with NUFC equally thrifty. I held out in the selling though because players get cheaper in the next couple of seasons.

My first window:

Sold:
Owen £20m
Barton £8m
NZogbia £5m

Bought:
Cardozo £9.5m
Sjeldbeld £1.5m
Matias Fernandez £6m
Erik Edman £3.9m
Rafael Carioca £3.4m

Edman did a good job for me at LB, no worse than Enrique and probably a bit less likely to make mistakes.

Cardozo is not a fast player, but is a target man. Can hold the ball up.

Lewandowski is also an option for about <£2m.

i would recommend pavel pogrebnyak or sergio aguero and simon vukcevic in centre midfield or left and srna who can play fullback or wing

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

oscar cardozo is a really good signing mate as well and he is tall so get someone quick to feed off of him

would never have sold stevie taylor
turns into a beast in 2nd/3rd season
henri saivet,
relatively cheap,
definitely one for future.

i would recommend pavel pogrebnyak or sergio aguero and simon vukcevic in centre midfield or left and srna who can play fullback or wing

---------- Post added at 09:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:26 PM ----------

Sergio Aguero! Surely he wouldnt want to go to newcastle and he costs a bomb