Player shortlist for BSN/S and BSP players.

rich_genie

Reaction score
I have put together a shortlist of players that I have gathered together from various guides and forums that are good for the conference north/south and prem and some are even good up to league one level. The shortlist contains 58 (now updated to 81) players from the 13.3.0 database. Amount of players is dependent on your database size.

Enjoy!

Edit: I have taken down the old shortlist and uploaded this new version which in addition to the 58 players gathered together from all the different FM forums, I have added another 23 players that I found for myself. I believe that this is the best shortlist out there if you are looking for players to sign for Blue Square teams. Some of these players are even good enough to play in the championship. Just remember that if you start as a semi pro or part time club then the pool of players you are able to sign will be drastically lower than if you start out as a professional club such as Salisbury or Eastleigh.

http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=7967

Link to new shortlist is above, hope you find it useful.

IMPORTANT INFO: My Database has around 41'000 players loaded into it so If you want all these players to appear in your game then I recommend using at least the same database set up as me, if you have a different set up then I cannot guarantee that some of the better players will show up...... Large Database then customize it and select Asia, Europe, South America, North America, Africa, Oceania from the continents tab and then tick the "players with national reputation" boxes in all 6 of the continents, and tick the current international players box in Europe only. That set up should get you all 81 players, if it does not then let me know.

Here are a few screen shots of some of the players in this shortlist, as you will see they are superb quality for Blue Square even up to league 1 level! Click the picture to see full size!

View attachment 373052

View attachment 373053

View attachment 373054

View attachment 373055

View attachment 373056

View attachment 373057

View attachment 373058

Last edited:
Just deleted that shortlist as I have added another 23 players of my own to the list so have uploaded that instead, but it is awaiting moderation so it should appear in the download section soon. I will upload the link in the opening post once it is up and ready to be downloaded.

I now believe this new one to be the best shortlist out there for Blue Square teams as I have compiled the players from pretty much every FM forum out there and then added another 23 that I found myself.

Should be up soon! ITS NOW UPLOADED AND THE LINK IN THE OPENING POST IS UP TO DATE!

Last edited:
Just deleted that shortlist as I have added another 23 players of my own to the list so have uploaded that instead, but it is awaiting moderation so it should appear in the download section soon. I will upload the link in the opening post once it is up and ready to be downloaded.

I now believe this new one to be the best shortlist out there for Blue Square teams as I have compiled the players from pretty much every FM forum out there and then added another 23 that I found myself.

Should be up soon!

Done ! :d

Just one point worth noting..... This list does not include the Reunion players because I figure that most people don't have that league loaded into their game, none of them will sign for non pro teams and to be quiet honest most of the players on this shortlist are far better players anyway!

Added some screen shots of a few of the players in the opening post, should give people an idea of the top end quality on the shortlist.

thanks for the shortlist, it's a wonderful addition to the game, made me start again in BSN/S

thanks for the shortlist, it's a wonderful addition to the game, made me start again in BSN/S

Thanks, nice to know someone appreciates it. It took me a while to put it together so it's nice to get a bit of feedback :) 50 downloads and only one comment lol

I cannot open the link, is it still working?

the problem I came about was that most of the players do not wish to sign or even negotiate with me

the problem I came about was that most of the players do not wish to sign or even negotiate with me

Then I am guessing you are managing a semi pro team which as I explained in the opening post means that pretty much any decent players in the game will snub you because you can't offer them professional contracts which means a lot of the best players on the shortlist won't come. In FM12 part time clubs could attract decent players but I am afraid in FM13 they changed it so if you pick a semi pro team to manage then your selection of players in general is going to be very very limited. The best players for semi pro clubs are still on the list but there are no where near as many as if you start as a pro club, that's the way the game is I'm afraid. Try starting a game as Eastleigh or Salisbury if your in BSN or BSS and want most of the players to be interested, otherwise you will have to make do with the lesser players or manage a team in the BSP.

I cannot open the 2nd one, is it word or what pls? thanks

I AM GETTING THIS...

Your submission could not be processed because a security token was invalid.

If this occurred unexpectedly, please inform the administrator and describe the action you performed before you received this error.

Everytime I try to open it it gets me that error..

Anybody getting any use out of this? 311 downloads and virtually no comments :S