anak85

Reaction score
Hi!

I would like to ask about the phenomenon of the star ratings dropping in my team. I am curretly in the 3rd season btw.

I have for example Munir as my main striker. He started the season with 4* potential. Now in November he is suddenly 3* current ability / 3* potential. I have been playing him loads since the first season so cannot say he was not getting enough games

I also have Odegaard and Tielemann and they are suddenly only 3,5* potential, eventhough they used to be 4-4,5* potential. I have been playing them in the 2nd team and sporadically in the first team.

Am I doing something wrong or do these stars simply show the average ability of my team. So the better my team gets, the more certain player stars start to drop?

Worry about it or just ignore?

Regards!
anak

They are being compared to the rest of your team, so your team has improved.

Ok, thanks a lot.

What I am surprised about though is that Tielemann now has a 3.5* potential (still 19 years old). He is meant to be the only -10 potential player in the game...

As I meantioned he has been playing in my U21 team and occasionally in my first team (about 10-15 matches per year). I have excellent training facilities (at Tottenham) and 4,5* coaches all around. Did I do something wrong or could it be that his potential still changes in the next 1-2 years?

Tell us who your best player is and maybe that will explain why the stars dropped for you. The star rating system is relative to the best players currently on your team. So for example if you signed Neymar or Pogba, Tielemans could drop from a 4.5 star player to a 3.5 star player compared to the best player on your side.

The other thing to consider is the scouting ability of your assistant manager. Usually it's not that high, so it is not going to be as accurate as your chief scout. I've also noticed fluctuation of a half star or so up and down to be normal as the months pass on. It seems that new evaluations are made maybe every 2 months. I'd take it all with a grain of salt.

Yes, I have Pogba who is a 4.5* rating. So I thought Tielemann would be reaching that same level some day...

Yes, I have Pogba who is a 4.5* rating. So I thought Tielemann would be reaching that same level some day...

Pogba is your star player so 4.5, tielmans is only a 3.5 compared to your team quality right now, as he improves he may go up.

think of it this way. Take Milner 3 star player in the MCFC squad, put him in the Real Madrid squad and he's a 1-2 star at best.

the stars are only a guide of your comparative team/squad in that division.

Last edited:
Ok, I understand the system. But how can Tielemann be the only -10 player at the start of the game and not reach the level of Pogba?

Ok, I understand the system. But how can Tielemann be the only -10 player at the start of the game and not reach the level of Pogba?

he maybe a -10 doesnt mean he guaranteed to reach it, he very well be as good as pogba later on. Compared to the quality in your squad right now, he's a 3.5. you have a fully developed pogba pretty much bringing the quality up so tielmans will be lower, put him in a team with a not as good midfield and hes 5 star.

Ignore stars when working out PA.