cakey

Reaction score
I am a bit confused to how the star ratings actually work so could someone who knows please explain?
Reason being I'm looking for an attacking midfielder and I have found jadson, all his stats for the attacking midfielder I want are great, high dribbling passing creativity technique flair first touch, but when I have got a scout report on him he has a Lower star rating than some of my players in centre midfiels, but he has better stats for the role I want him to play than the players who have got a better rating than him, is the star rating all that important when buying a player?

Don't look too much at the ratings as I think you are looking at their overall rating and not just for that role . Naturally, it could be that in this case, your players are actually better suited for the role when taking Decision, Determination, Pressure, Work rate into account.

Doesn't particularly answer your question but just wanted to mention a quick note on the star ratings:
They are based on players already at your club, so if you are managing a League 2 side and see a regen with 5 star potential, that DOES NOT mean he is going to become a world-class player. Seen quite alot of people who have done this :/

Don't worry about the star rating as Scotty says they are based on what you already have. Even then just because a player has a lower rating than most of your team does not make him a bad player. If you buy him to do a certain job and his attributes are sutid to the position it should not be a problem. One of the best goal scorers I had for my Man U save only had 3 stars but because he was a prolfic scorer he manages to keep a regular place in the team even with Rooney etal in the squad indeed he has kept Rooney out of the team.