Player still hasn't learnt the language.

adc123

Reaction score
I signed James Mcarthur from Wigan for 13.5 million at the start of the 2014-2015 season for my Valencia side. He had a good first season and an alright second season despite being out for a long time with injuries. (Average rating hovering around the 7.3 mark for both seasons)

My question is, why has he still not learnt the language? Its not even showing Spanish (Basic) yet. Could this be affecting the team? Has the player not settled?

How many seasons in your team?

Go to FM genie scout and see if the player as a good adaptability to other countries. If its below 10, it could take a while.

Maybe have him be tutored by an older Spanish Player (if he's in that age bracket) this is just a random thought, have no idea if it will work lol

He's British, what do you expect? :p

2 seasons with the team. Just curious. It does not seem to be affecting his play which i thought was odd seeing as if he had low adaptablity surely he would be moaning lots.

Just usualy, ive seen all my players learn Spanish within a year of joining the club. James doesn't even appear to have mastered "mas cerveza por favor" yet!

It depends on the player...I had a 24-year old who spoke only German and I have no German players, he had to go home for a leave of absence twice (totalof 60 days) and still could not stay content and had a hard time adjusting the the country/language. He suggested I buy a co-player from his former club which is ridiculous since I don't need nor want that player and had no transfer target for a German player nor a German speaking player, I ended up selling him but he complained alot. I have players who can't communicate better than an English chap in Paris but they are happy to stay in the club and they speak English when I talk to them (H). Some players are just meant to stay patriotic...

I went to school with James and he is thick as ****! So well done to the FM database editors! Spot on....

Well thanks for the insightful comment. Guess that explains this mystery! haha