Player to bring in merchandising revenue for Stoke

stokecityfc

Reaction score
Can signing a foreign international from one of these countries (Korea/Japan/USA/UAE) bring in merchandising cash? If so, what players would i be looking at for Stoke, i'm trying to make them into a global powerhouse, and i gotta start somewhere ;)

Last edited:
Think so.

Big name signings boost shirt sales, so possibly signing a foreign player will increase merchandising? Just look at Park Ji-Sung for United, whole fan base in South Korea now..

Hi mate, Realised your a mighty potter. good on you. yh it should increase merchandise

up the potters

Shunsuke Nakamura (on StuW's update) is the ultimate for this. He's on a free and he is loved by Japs; and he would get into Stoke's starting lineup.

Hot Prospects can get it done at times, but importantly, look to buy a player with a big reputation and you can get some good merchandising revenue. :)

It certainly does, my signing of Lauren and my signing of Mario Santana as Aston Villa boosted my rep throughout Cameroon and Argentina respectively.

I recommend:

Honda (Japan) [don't remember his first name, but he's the only Japanese Honda]
Jozy Altidore (USA) [plays for Hull I think...]

Both USA and Japan covered there. Both may cost you a pretty penny though...

A bit out of context, but I never knew that the game had merchandising revenue, where do I see it so I can perhaps work on it?

Keisuke Honda (MC) CSKA Moscow - A great technical midfielder that can stitch play together, keep possession and scores regularly from free kicks

Takayuki Morimoto (ST) Catania - A great goalpoacher, scores plenty of goals but does seem to get injured quite a bit.

Lee Woon Jae (GK) Suwon - Reasonable goalkeeper available really really cheap or even for free.

Just had a look at my finances and have found that bringing in players does increase revenue but i can't tell if it's down to the fact that some of them are foreign internationals. The peaks match up with the signings at all the dates except for the 5/10 (May) and the 10/10 (October), which i assume the fist is due to the start of the season. I can't really compare how much higher the graph is compared to last season due to my promotion, 1st position in the championship and good run in the league cup. Still have a look and see if you can work anything out :)

Buying players with high reputation gets your Merchandise sales up but so do Hot Prospects at times.

Having affiliates in the some specific countries multiplies your merchandise.

I signed a USA/Brazilian Att Mid called Bernardo who got the fans happy and buying shirts.

step 1: ask board for feeder clubs (if you have option, choose specific team) or "Commercial Link"

step 2: buy players from selected teams country (as mentioned above, Honda, Adu etc)

step 3: go on pre-season tours to selected countries and play the biggest teams in their league (LA Galaxy, NY Red Bulls, Dynamo Houstons, Red Wings etc etc) Do this every year...

this is the way to increase your clubs Worldwide following and generate income...

Buying certain players will provide a cash injection (Stoke will not be able to buy the Torres' and Aguero's that will do this substantially as you cannot afford these types of players, using the steps above however will gradually do this for you over time)

Last edited:
How would you check your clubs world wide following? or appeal in other countries?