craiigman

Reaction score
I understand the concept of how it works, usually a more experienced player to tutor a young player to improve his game.

But how do I know who should be tutoring who? My staff make some stupid recommendations of players playing in different positions etc. But they said Arteta should tutor Ramsey so thought, it can't hurt to try it.

But yeah, I've got a few who I want to learn. Carlos Fierro, Chuba Akpom, Hector Bellerin, Thomas Eisfeld and Serge Gnabry. But not sure on who they should be tutored by?

I've heard that determination is a good stat for tutoring and I guess team work would be good as well? But yeah who should I get to tutor these guys?

Looking at my team:

Giroud to tutor Fierro? Podolski has low determination. But I guess he's more the type of player Fierro will be compared to Giroud? Although all are poachers?

Akpom again Giroud?

Bellerin from Sagna?

Eisfeld from I would have said Rosicky, but he's leaving. I don't really have any older AM's. I guess I could get Arteta to?

Gnabry could learn from Walcott I guess. But even Theo is a little young.

I don't think it matters what positions the tutor plays, what is important is determination, personality and what PPMs the tutor has because you can pass on bad ones.

I don't think it matters what positions the tutor plays, what is important is determination, personality and what PPMs the tutor has because you can pass on bad ones.

Thanks. Can you tell me if these were good choices?

Giroud for Fierro. Giroud stats: Determination 16. Personality Spirited. Preferred moves: Place shots and play with back to goal.

Looking at my squad I only have Vermaelen and Wilshere who are determined. Which are the personality that shouldn't be tutoring?

If it saves time is there a guide for it? Couldn't seem to find one.

Thanks. Can you tell me if these were good choices?

Giroud for Fierro. Giroud stats: Determination 16. Personality Spirited. Preferred moves: Place shots and play with back to goal.

Looking at my squad I only have Vermaelen and Wilshere who are determined. Which are the personality that shouldn't be tutoring?

If it saves time is there a guide for it? Couldn't seem to find one.

From what I know of Fierro you don't want him playing with his back to goal, he is better at poaching and advanced forward so in my opinion that would be bad to pass onto him. Have a look at what W4NKER linked in this thread: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...g/123754-request-stickied-guide-tutoring.html

I have doubts about whether my young goalkeeper (Stephen Tames), who I got from the youth system, should be taught by Jefferson.

Stephen tames is 16 years old and have determination 19, work rate 14, and his personality is described as determined. He has awesome attributes for goalkeeper. Not a single one is lower than 13, with reflexes going to 16!

Jefferson has determination 15, work rate 10, but his personality is professional.

So you see... the question is, is it worth it, having in mind much lower determination, but professional personality?

I understand the concept of how it works, usually a more experienced player to tutor a young player to improve his game.

But how do I know who should be tutoring who? My staff make some stupid recommendations of players playing in different positions etc. But they said Arteta should tutor Ramsey so thought, it can't hurt to try it.

But yeah, I've got a few who I want to learn. Carlos Fierro, Chuba Akpom, Hector Bellerin, Thomas Eisfeld and Serge Gnabry. But not sure on who they should be tutored by?

I've heard that determination is a good stat for tutoring and I guess team work would be good as well? But yeah who should I get to tutor these guys?

Looking at my team:

Giroud to tutor Fierro? Podolski has low determination. But I guess he's more the type of player Fierro will be compared to Giroud? Although all are poachers?

Akpom again Giroud?

Bellerin from Sagna?

Eisfeld from I would have said Rosicky, but he's leaving. I don't really have any older AM's. I guess I could get Arteta to?

Gnabry could learn from Walcott I guess. But even Theo is a little young.

You should first see the game of every individual, like who plays good and who needs more training. Then, according to performance, allot the tutors to individual for some best tutoring.

You should understand that tutoring is a good method to improve some attributes that would be difficult to improve or quite impossible through other methods like by playing or by training. Or, to learn the tutee some preferred movements.

Determination is an attribute that can be improved if the tutor have higher determination than the tutee. Determination can be improved by warning the player for rubbish game, usually noted below 6.0 average rating.

Flair is an attribute very difficult to improve by training. It can be improved with 2 by a tutor with high flair (16).

Professional is a hidden attribute and can't be improved other way than tutoring. Unfortunately, model professional player can't improve a player with professional under 10 because is to big personality difference. Moreover, such a tutee could hate his tutor if he is forced or "persuaded" to accept tutoring.

Be aware that a tutor cannot be used more than twice.