Emkay

Reaction score
Regardless of how I rotate my squad everyone seems to be getting unhappy. They are all having the exact same number of games and are still unhappy with the situation. Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening? I want strength in depth and it seems impossible balancing that with people constantly being unhappy and trying to ruin the teams morale overall.

Thanks in advance,

Emkay

It depends on their squad statuses. It depends on their ability. It depends on their ability compared to others in the same position. It depends on their personality. You'll have to evaluate each case on its own merit.

Cheers for the quick reply, The players who are complaining are backup players and are about 15% worse in the role they are complaining about than their first team partners. Maybe it is their personalities. I haven't lost a game all season, I'm 11 seasons into the save with Nottingham Forest and won every trophy last season. I just find it hard to not have quality strength in depth when in so many competitions because injuries and suspensions can cost games if your replacement just isn't up to the challenge. How does everyone else deal with this though?

It depends on the situation. If it's a backup player I don't really need anyway, I might agree to sell him. If it's a player I want to keep at the club, I'll either agree to loan him out or tell him he just has to wait for his chance. If it's an important player, I might even agree to promise him more games.

But how they react to your responses will also be affected by your determination and man management - or so I assume anyway. In short, I deal with it on an individual basis. As far as contract renewals though, I reject them whoever's making those requests unless they have less than 18 months left. Always assertively saying they have plenty of time left and there will be no talks. Works 9/10 times.

On a general basis I'd advice not to cave in. Stand your ground, be firm. No one's gonna respect a pushover, but everyone's gonna take advantage of one. As a side note, that advice is valid for real life too...

Cheers for the quick reply, The players who are complaining are backup players and are about 15% worse in the role they are complaining about than their first team partners. Maybe it is their personalities. I haven't lost a game all season, I'm 11 seasons into the save with Nottingham Forest and won every trophy last season. I just find it hard to not have quality strength in depth when in so many competitions because injuries and suspensions can cost games if your replacement just isn't up to the challenge. How does everyone else deal with this though?
15% is very close in ability. That would be why you're having issues. They all want to regularly start.

If they complain and you're winning with what you're doing, screw 'em. They'll shut up when there's a trophy/medal in their hands.

It may depend on player status in the team. A key player will not be happy with half the games, if he is fit to do 60%.

I have a squad of 22 players which i rotate game on, game off, but the subs are not always the same and i use always 3 subs, so at the end of the season, some of them have 35 to 40 games, others will have 40 to 50 games.

this is in theory, because there are bans and injuries, which makes them play more games.

Also, i always sell the subs that have their potential maxed out. If they cannot get to the 1st 11, its time to give opportunities to others.

Also, not buying players promising 1st team football is important is you can't keep with the promise made...