alexjp123

Reaction score
I have put my finances slider all the way to the left, giving me 760k wage budget. I am currently spending 690k on player wages. However when I go to offer one of my players a new contract - it only lets me put it up by 8k. I don't understand how it works cos surely if I have spare wage budget I should be able to use it on a new contract

I have put my finances slider all the way to the left, giving me 760k wage budget. I am currently spending 690k on player wages. However when I go to offer one of my players a new contract - it only lets me put it up by 8k. I don't understand how it works cos surely if I have spare wage budget I should be able to use it on a new contract

It depends on what role you're offering them, you will be allowed to offer them much more if they're going to be a key player rather than a back up or rotation player for example.

yeah i'm trying to offer leighton baines a new contract - he's on 35k/wk at the moment and wants around 55k - he's on key player but for some reason I can't offer more than 43k - I have 60k free on wage budget

yeah i'm trying to offer leighton baines a new contract - he's on 35k/wk at the moment and wants around 55k - he's on key player but for some reason I can't offer more than 43k - I have 60k free on wage budget
Mine's the same, I have about 80k free wage budget but cannot offer more than 44k a week.

Offer him so much a week and the rest with appearances.

Some board are more strict when it comes to allow you to overspend than others. I know in past FM versions I could offer well beyond the budget to a key player while with other teams I wasn't allowed to even get close to that.