Player wants a new challenge weird behaviour

Solratti

Reaction score
I'm in my 4 year at Barca with 2 Ligas, 3 Cups, a Chanpion's League and 2 of my best players said they wanted a new challenge. At first i tried the old "offer them a better contract" trick and it worked.

A year later with another Liga won and right after the last transfer date both of them say the same thing. We talk it out and i tell them I'll let em go in the next transfer window. I really don't want to loose these two cause A) they come from my youth system B) one is a keeper one is a D - R/L both pretty hard to find in Spain in 2041.
I play them in the first team as if they weren't leaving and after a month or so they both say they "want to prove their worth to the team" and "doesn't want to leave the club".
I'm happy and un-list them. A couple of weeks later and they both want a new challenge... and the vicious circle begins.
The say the want to leave, i list them... they reject offers (both loans and contract) a month or so later they wanna stay i unlist and all of it restarts...

Their contract is in the region of 3-4 mil / year so it's not too high for other top teams. Although they still deliver and even signed new contracts this thing annoys me. When i accept a transfer bid they wont go and then start moaning they want to leave... @~#%$@#$%! We re going for the 3rd year of this farce...

Happened to me too on my Ajax save, it's really annoying. I ignored it and just kept on playing them. Until he became 28 I think and transferlisted him so I had the most out of him. You should do it too. Otherwise you should set them back to the reserves (after they turn 27-30 of course) so they want to leave.

I keep playing one of them who continues to "want to go" whenever i take him off the list. the keeper i managed to loan out for half a season and now he's happy at club. Let's see how long this lasts.