Player wants more first team football

dasty

Reaction score
Well this is getting a bit ridiculous isn't it? At least two or three version of FM with the same issue and it had not been solved.

The case here is that one of my players, despite having a squad status of a rotation player, demanded to have more minutes. I wanted to keep him, so I began playing him more. Since his complain, I have played him in 10 out of the following 11 games, with 9 being starter playing full 90 mins and 1 of them as a sub. What's the problem then? It's a bit to dumb for me to comprehend but he came to tell me that he is not playing enough and wants to be transfer listed. Maybe he has bad mental traits? Nope, he is 17 in professionalism and 1 in controversy, so he is no troublemaker.

Long story short so what should I do next? Play him more (with no guarantee that he will be happy with his minutes anyway) or just **** it and sell a pretty good player? I hope SI solve this stupid issue sooner than later.

It would be his Ambition that would be playing a big role in him wanting to play more often. Were all of those starts in league matches?

what do you tell your players. Normally I go with asking them to be patient or I tell them that I can not drop the other player in his place as he is in good form... and the player normally says OK. I find the worst thing to do is to tell them you will play them more as if you leave them out of a couple of games then they will get more unhappy

if you have a good man management just till him to be patient (he'll respect that)

It would be his Ambition that would be playing a big role in him wanting to play more often. Were all of those starts in league matches?
12 in ambition... Yes, all of them are league games and CL games. The only game he did not played in is a Carling Cup game.

I wanted to play him more so I told him I will. I guess that's a mistake on my part but I still do not understand why playing 10 out of 11 games is considered not enough game time.

12 in ambition... Yes, all of them are league games and CL games. The only game he did not played in is a Carling Cup game.

I wanted to play him more so I told him I will. I guess that's a mistake on my part but I still do not understand why playing 10 out of 11 games is considered not enough game time.

That should be enough. You may want to post it on the SI forum as a bug and upload the PKM. The desire for playing time is a finely balanced one - a lot of the complaints have some basis. But if you played him constantly and started most, that should be more than enough to be considered to have held to the promise.

It's a bug, but just tell him you'll play him, which you already are anyway so no issue.