Player wants to leave...

Ma-Li

Reaction score
Okay, so one of your star players wants to leave due to the fact they believe they have achieved all they can at the club... however you don't want to sell him??? Well worry no longer my son, as you now have the answer...

Transfer List him (making him UN-available for loan), set squad status to not needed, offer to clubs for 100m, click continue... no club will put an offer in, and now his player status should be saying expecting to leave club & feels manager doesn't value his contribution to the club (or something along those lines), click continue until 2 days have passed, and then remove from transfer list and set squad status to Indispensable To Club / 1st Team Player (your choice), click continue to next day, go back and he should be "Happy to stay at club" at which point offer him a new contract which he will be happy to sign!

have not tried it yet, but that sounds like it may work, good thinking

So far Carrick & Nani have apparently "achieved all they can", so I did the above and they're now both on long term contracts... can't really see any reason why it won't work for other teams either!

So far Carrick & Nani have apparently "achieved all they can", so I did the above and they're now both on long term contracts... can't really see any reason why it won't work for other teams either!

It doesn't work for me for sure.

sure, but after a little while, the same thing repeats and do u use dis 'tactic' again? cos im sunderland and cant afford 2 give fat contracts.

sure, but after a little while, the same thing repeats and do u use dis 'tactic' again? cos im sunderland and cant afford 2 give fat contracts.

It doesn't happen again, and you don't have to give FAT contracts, Carrick re-signed without a pay increase, Nani on other hand has progressed so much he was due a pay increase anyhow...

still waiting for some one to want to leave to try it, but in theory it sounds like it will work, im confident it will just waiting for the opportunity to use it

haha just tried it with Leighton Baines and he took a wage cut of 5k so hes on 27,500k a week now thanks alot mate

haha just tried it with Leighton Baines and he took a wage cut of 5k so hes on 27,500k a week now thanks alot mate

No worries bud, it's come in quite handy for me so thought it was time I shared it!!!

Currently having the same problem with Corluka at Tottenham. Thing is Benitez keeps tapping him up about twice a month. Will give it a go.

the problem is with me is that man city offered 60m (the asking price) for ashley young and i am reluctant to sell him:(

the problem is with me is that man city offered 60m (the asking price) for ashley young and i am reluctant to sell him:(

Did you not try offering for 100m? 99% of the time, no-one is prepared to or can afford to pay that sort of money for 1 player and therefore no offers come in... once he becomes unhappy with not being wanted by the club, it's just a simple case of resolving that problem by taking him off transfer list, setting squad staus to most appropriate at which he'll become happy again and then just offer him a new contract...

As Aleksandr, founder of comparethemeerkat.com would say... "Simples!"