esanahka

Reaction score
I have a player, age 19, whose contract runs out in the summer, he was asking all kinds of crazy things such as a release clause of 6 million euros plus appearance fees which I tried to renegotiate, I think twice or maybe three times, and failed. Now the situation is that I'm in March, and ever since I think late December his agent has said that his client is not ready to restart negotiations following the previous breakdown.

I was in the agent's disliked people list, now I am at his liked people list, and he still won't do it?? I'm in the favored personnel list of the player in question so I'm really at loss what on earth I could do here, except sit and let him leave for free in the summer. Help anyone?

How good is the player? I assume he can't be incredible as nobody has offered to sign him for free.. I usually wait until late June before I negotiate contracts with anyone who isn't a key player in my squad. Mostly because they are much more negotiable.

But maybe he just wants to leave, you might not play him enough or be ambitious enough for him.. It's not unrealistic, and if he was a key part of your clubs future you should have tied him down to a longer contract/ accepted his demands.

How good is the player? I assume he can't be incredible as nobody has offered to sign him for free.. I usually wait until late June before I negotiate contracts with anyone who isn't a key player in my squad. Mostly because they are much more negotiable.

But maybe he just wants to leave, you might not play him enough or be ambitious enough for him.. It's not unrealistic, and if he was a key part of your clubs future you should have tied him down to a longer contract/ accepted his demands.
Yeah I know it's my mistake for not renewing earlier, but being in Romania my avg attendance is 18k so not much income, thus the miserliness. He's not that bad, not capped yet for France except under 21 level, but as to why no clubs have made an offer although there are some interested, he has played pretty bad, averaging 6.9 at best I think although I maybe have played him bit too much for the level he is. If he wanted to leave, I guess it would say so on his status, now its something general like happy.