Player X doesn't get on with Player Y...

ajh-1992

Reaction score
Basically, I'm in my second season at Genoa and my top scorer Kevin Gameiro has came up to me saying: "I don't get on with Mattia Destro and it is affecting my game..."

The problem is, Mattia Destro is my most promising young player and also one of my main forwards alongside Kevin Gameiro.

How should I go about trying to resolve this? I don't really want to sell either of them since they are both two of my best players, but I don't want to keep them both and negatively affect the harmony of the squad.

On a side note, I have Luca Toni and he is earning £115k per week and he is sat in the reserves wasting away... I have tried selling him, loaning him out offering him to clubs for £0 even just to get rid of the wage burden but nobody is interested in signing him... He's constantly missing training sessions etc because he's not in the side but the fact is he's not good enough and he is not in my plans! His contract runs for another 18 months and mutual termination is just too much for the club to afford.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

----------

EDIT: I have had another chat with Gameiro and he says there's no chance of them both getting on. :(

Last edited:
well,about luca toni missing trainings , fine him 2 weeks wage each,should make him unhappy and give you some money.To be honest id try to sell gameiro,hes not new and mattia destro can be at least as good as him

Basically, I'm in my second season at Genoa and my top scorer Kevin Gameiro has came up to me saying: "I don't get on with Mattia Destro and it is affecting my game..."

The problem is, Mattia Destro is my most promising young player and also one of my main forwards alongside Kevin Gameiro.

How should I go about trying to resolve this? I don't really want to sell either of them since they are both two of my best players, but I don't want to keep them both and negatively affect the harmony of the squad.

On a side note, I have Luca Toni and he is earning £115k per week and he is sat in the reserves wasting away... I have tried selling him, loaning him out offering him to clubs for £0 even just to get rid of the wage burden but nobody is interested in signing him... He's constantly missing training sessions etc because he's not in the side but the fact is he's not good enough and he is not in my plans! His contract runs for another 18 months and mutual termination is just too much for the club to afford.

Thanks in advance for your help! :)

----------

EDIT: I have had another chat with Gameiro and he says there's no chance of them both getting on. :(

try to "abuse" toni fine him when he plays **** and missses training two weeks and just be mean and eventually he might leave for a lot lower :D

Thanks guys, it looks like I will have to sell one of them, most probably Gameiro (which is a shame because I've only had him since January of the previous season).

On Toni - WAHOOO!! I offered him mutual termination again and he agreed to leave without a fee!

That's made my day, lol. :)

Stick boxing gloves on em both , give em 12 rounds in the ring and sell the loser.

Stick boxing gloves on em both , give em 12 rounds in the ring and sell the loser.

Haha, it would be comparable to putting a featherweight up against a heavyweight! Gameiro is a midget!