Players accepting almost 3 quarters the wages I offer?

shasterix

Reaction score
This happens to me every time and I'm starting to get sick of it.

As an example just last night (I'm Arsenal, year 2022) I made a bid of $38 million for a 22 year old Portuguese CDM regen from Chelsea. Man City equalled that bid and we both offered contracts. This young guy was demanding $250k a week plus the usual appearance fees etc. I thought this was reasonable since he was a wicked prospect and fitted my team perfectly. I withered him down on his bonuses and to $235k a week. I offered the contract and a news story came up a few days later saying he rejected Arsenal (ugh, again) and joined City. Now I went on his profile, looked at his contract and he had accepted a lesser team role, $180k a week wages and less on his bonuses???? I can't imagine it'd be a reputation issue, I have won the FA Cup twice in three years, won the Prem back to back and had just gotten to the semi final of the Champions League. Man City was not a favourite team of his nor his favoured staff were any of City's. Is it because my club is in a very healthy financial state he feels he can demand more? Even then, City are a rich club aswell. Is it because I had $220 million transfer budget at $4 million a week left in wages he demanded so much more than City?

Someone, please tell me whats going on because it happens every transfer window and I end up missing out on players perfect for my playing style :/