Players accepting contracts

Meynell94

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm playing as Birmingham in the first season of the game and I'm in need of a left back. James McFadden wanted out and Spurs showed interest in him. So I thought I'd make a bid for Bale in a straight swap, Spurs accepted the bid and Bale accepted my contract offer. But McFadden won't accept the contract offer from Spurs. It's driving my crazy :mad:

Does anyone know if there is anything I can do to get McFadden to accept their offer because I can't afford to buy Bale... Plus I haven't got time to sell McFadden and then buy Bale because Valencia are trying to sign Bale as well.

Anything I can do?

P.S Sorry if I should have posted this on a specific thread but when I used the search button I couldn't find anything relating to my problem.

Set his contract status to not needed. Fine him (if possible) at any opportunity. Criticize him in the media, drop him to the reserves etc etc.

set him to not needed, put him in the reserves, **** be gone in a flash, thogh sometimes they ask you to pay a bit of their wages. i tend to agree just to get shot of them

Had same problem when I was swopping Carrick for Ribery(straight swop too)^^)
Then he wouldn't accept their wages

Cheers people it worked. But I also said, because he wanted to move to a bigger club (Even though he wouldn't accept the contract offer from Spurs), that I would sell him at the earliest opportunity.But in the end, I got Bale :) So thanks :D

set him to not needed, put him in the reserves, **** be gone in a flash, thogh sometimes they ask you to pay a bit of their wages. i tend to agree just to get shot of them

Guthrie wanted me to pay him £31k/week until 2013 to play for Bristol... His normal wage is £34k/week at Newcastle..

haha thats probabaly cos theyre offering him 3k a week. i wouldnt accept that offer

I wouldn't fine the player unnecessarily, your whole team might turn on you if you do (trust me, been there :mad:) dropping him and putting him up for sale should do it though. What a bargain btw, McFadden is underrated in Fm, imo, and a straight swap for Bale is a very good deal on your part.

I wouldn't fine the player unnecessarily, your whole team might turn on you if you do (trust me, been there :mad:) dropping him and putting him up for sale should do it though. What a bargain btw, McFadden is underrated in Fm, imo, and a straight swap for Bale is a very good deal on your part.

I didn't get him in the end. I managed to get McFadden to agree with the wages, but couldn't compete with Valencia for Bale's signature :'(.

So now I've got rid of McFadden cause he didn't want to stay and I'm still in the hunt for a Left Back... :mad: