LeesP

Reaction score
For example:

"Roberto Bettaga believes you have a very determined squad and feels that Perotti would have to do a lot of adapting to fit in"

Im sure everyone is very familiar with this, but my question is; will a player adapt? If Perotti is in my team will he become more determined to match the personality of the squad? If not then what happens to him, will he just not blend in with the lads? Because ive had Elia in the past who wasnt determined but became one of the favoured personnel on lots of my players.

Im aware that tutoring alters personality, but do players adapt on their own?

I think they adapt after a period of time, my players tend to blend in after 1 full season in my team. Like you have said tutoring will help and obvisouly playing him in as many games as possible should speed up the process.

For example:

"Roberto Bettaga believes you have a very determined squad and feels that Perotti would have to do a lot of adapting to fit in"

Im sure everyone is very familiar with this, but my question is; will a player adapt? If Perotti is in my team will he become more determined to match the personality of the squad? If not then what happens to him, will he just not blend in with the lads? Because ive had Elia in the past who wasnt determined but became one of the favoured personnel on lots of my players.

Im aware that tutoring alters personality, but do players adapt on their own?
Most adapt, but if they have a big attitude (e.g. Neymar) then they may not adapt and will want to leave the club.

You can help him adapt by buying a compatriot, tutoring him (or getting him to tutor someone else), offering him new contracts and playing him often.

If he doesn't adapt, then maybe send him back to his home country/a league he's familiar with on a season-long loan and then see what happens when he gets back.

But seriously, there's not a lot you can do to help him adapt, so if he's not that good don't take the risk.

Thanks, personally i think that players personalities should change over time to match the personality of the squad. If i signed for a very determined team in real life then i imagine that i too would become very determined as i would be influenced by those around me. Maybe something for fm12

I bought a player with low self belief as his personality, and after half season he is a now a run of the mill player, I guess he is slowly adapting.

To be honest there personalities show on the pitch when they are playing, if you have team blend on it may increase the speed at which the players share there personalites.

Generally ive noticed that after 1 or 2 full seasons at the club the player should have adapted well into the squad. I find buying someone from his home country can help speed up the process.

I just signed a player that (I hadn't checked) has a bad attitude (What exactly does this mean will he **** me off with contract demands? argue with players & staff?) my staff are concerned that he may find it hard to blend in. the player has said to me he is keen to prove everyone wrong and become a solid member of my squad. his stats are great & he looks like a great investment & I hope my staff are wrong but if he upsets my team I think I'll loan him out for 6 months to a year and see what happens. on another note I just bought Forlan & have been informed he had previously played for my team. is this a good thing that he is familiar with the squad?

Last edited: