JohnCowell

Reaction score
Greetings,

I hear of people upto season 2020 but I wonder if the game loses it's appeal at that stage. All the players we know would have retired and the starting lineup of the Premier League teams would mainly be names we're not familiar. I'm still in 2010-11 season so I'm guessing players age as normal. So, for me, replaying the 2010/11 season over and over would be more enjoyable.

What do you think?

John

Nothing beats getting a team of regens that you have trained since you plucked them up from another teams youth, or your own, and seeing them dominate the teams of old with their new regens.
Is annoying though that most teams will have players from all over the globe. Just team full of multi nationals and barely any English :(

I'm up to 2022 and I still enjoy it, I tend to switch teams every couple of seasons for a new challenge to keep it fresh, eg. I'm currently with Preston in the nPower League 2, fighting my way back up. They are in administration. Full of regens as well, good prospects.

I'm just coming into 2017 now and it's starting to go that way. The wonderkids we all talk about are now the world class players and well... Rooney is in his thirties.

I don't know if it loses its appeal, but I would say it can be more frustrating/ challenging. The top 6/7 teams in the premiership now have world class teams and are all capable of winning the league, so it's a lot tougher in that respect and your tactics, not just your players, need to be perfect.

The frustrating part is when said teams pluck a regen out from nowhere for ridiculously low sum of money that your scouts completely missed.

Here's an example from Real Madrid. They signed him for 1.5mill and I'd say he is comfortably the best player in the world now on my game.

I think I like having regens more than real players, around 2025 is my favourite but too much later on it gets really crazy as there are so many good players and you have to be either very good at tactics or just be lucky.

Hmm, so it seems the further into the future you go the more difficult it gets to compete. I suppose that is so no one gets to dominate. A bit like moving to the next level in any PC game.

For me, training up players from your own youth system is one of the most rewarding and demanding things you can do in the game. In my mammoth Dundee Utd save on FM2010 I managed to win the Champions League with 8 players from my own academy, probably my most proud moment on the game.

I prefer long term saves as its enjoyable with lower league management to try and get to top and improve your own youth system. it also makes it more challenging as you need to scout the players as most are unknown. there is also more bargains in the game as in the first few years most players have high prices.

It's much better in the future! On Fm10 I had a save with Southampton, I think it's currently in 2028 but I've made them the best team in the world. The players definitely do get better, but in the EPL the only real title contenders are my team and (predictably) Man City, as we are the richest and have the highest rep.

For me, training up players from your own youth system is one of the most rewarding and demanding things you can do in the game. In my mammoth Dundee Utd save on FM2010 I managed to win the Champions League with 8 players from my own academy, probably my most proud moment on the game.

Agreed! It's far more satisfying training up youths until they're ready for the first team, plus there's the added bonus of not spending £50m odd on players every season!