RavenWire

Reaction score
I'm playing with Liverpool, and I've got a couple of issues, the first one is with my players fitness during games. This affects the midfield the worst, and the the forwards. I know that they will do most of the running, but the defence don't suffer at all!

By about 60mins, my midfields fitness is between 70-80% (Gerrard always suffers the worst), so i have to sub them out before they tire out or at worst get injured. This means I can't change my forwards around. I'm pretty sure its my tactics, as I changed my training to the intensity is reduced.

The other is my strikers. I play a 4-5-1 with attacking wingers, and whoever I play up front seems to be a terrible finisher, or never gets the ball. He's set to hold up the ball, free roll, target man (supply to feet), run with ball often. I've asked Torres to try to beat the offside trap, as he already has move into channels. Torres seems to do a good job, after a bit of tinkering, but hes injured and only just coming back to fitness. I would try playing through the middle, but the form of my wingers is exceptional (Riera especially), so I play down both flanks. all the mids and wingers are chipping in with goals, and thankfully my defence is outstanding, so not scoring loads isn't affecting my results too much (currently 3rd, with one defeat, but 7 points off the lead and i'm only in november!)

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated, tactics or training wise

Cheers

do you have a high closng down oj your midfielders it can really tire the out

I tried reducing the closing down, and still the midfield died. I don't think its costing me games, but it can't be helping in the later stages. There have been games where I've literally had to replace the entire midfield trio. I even swap them round regularly e.g. take out Alonso, put in Lucas. Then a week or 2 later, put Alonso in for Mascherano and so on (note: I can't believe how bad Alonso is playing for me!)

i play a 4-5-1 and the two wingers and two out of the three centre midfielders all die after 65mins. the only player in my midfield that doesn't die is my DM. i am also doing Tugs Training for my training schedule

I ran into that problem too and I do recommend downloading the Tactic Framework it's worth a read. Best way to keep your players from tiring with Liverpool is to slow your tempo down and reduce closing down. Short passes help as well so your players won't be chasing long balls all game!

Passing is short and tempo is slow too! I've reduced the training intensity, taking the closing down to own half. I've tried everything, its driving me insane!!!!! I don't mind rotating the players every few weeks, but having to leave players out every other game is getting on my nerves!! I haven't changed the mentality (attacking), would this make a great deal of difference? I have my 2 outside CM's as about neutral andtheir condition deteriorates slightly slowly than Gerrard