Players automatically being transfer listed

Guruhoops

Reaction score
Hi all,

Regular listener, first time caller. Thanks to this forum for the help I've received :eek:)

I've found in the last few transfer windows that a few of my u23 players are being automatically transfer listed and their values set to £0.

Has anyone else come across this or know of a setting that will stop it happening?

John

Check your Staff Responsibilities - who is responsible for your youth transfers?

Thanks Snorks,

They look fine to me:

All incoming transfers are handled by me apart from youth players which are looked after by my head of youth development. Since these are incoming I don't think they're relevant.
All outgoing transfers are handled by me.

I can't find any other staff responsibilities that might be relevant.

John

Not sure then sorry - not at my game machine so can; to check my own ones - there is one somewhere about about handling youth team transfers, loans etc.
Caught me out a couple of times in the past.

It could be a bug.

Thanks Snorks,

I rather suspect it is. Irritating but not the end of the world.

John

Hi all,

Regular listener, first time caller. Thanks to this forum for the help I've received :eek:)

I've found in the last few transfer windows that a few of my u23 players are being automatically transfer listed and their values set to £0.

Has anyone else come across this or know of a setting that will stop it happening?

John

First time poster here. Was looking for help with the exact same issue, except for my first team.

For me, I decided to let some prime-aged players run out their contracts rather than sell them as I looked to maintain league position while my wonderkids matured elsewhere.

6 months before contract expiration, I started getting messages from my Assistant Coach saying "player has no reason being transfer listed", as well as players getting unsettled by being xfer listed ('considering his options'). I could not figure it out. I would set, advance the game, and find them mysteriously set back to being xfer listed. This was frustrating.

After some tinkering/deep-diving though, I found that the General Manager was forcing the players to be transfer listed. The only way I could find to prevent this from happening was by firing the GM, which I did. I now have no GM and handle all the contracts myself, which is a bit tedious at times, but necessary if you want things to work out properly. I feel like this is either a bug, or a design oversight.

Not sure if this has been fixed in FM19, but I'm fairly unconvinced it's worth $50 USD extra to find out just yet... Still having a great time playing FM18 :)

Last edited:
Thanks knewyousir.

I haven't seen the message about "no reason being transfer listed" but I do get ones about a player's value being set to low, which is probably part of the same problem.

I think I'll put up with it if getting rid of the General Manager (Director of Football?) is the fix. So far it will be more hassle renewing all my staff contracts (I do the player ones myself) than removing occasional players from the transfer list.

John

I am sure you can set it it in Staff Responsibilities to prevent the DoF doing that, although it does mean you are handling ALL player contracts and transfers.

I have never used the DoF (GM) for anything other than a glorified scout if he has the attributes. For me, that'sall he is, either that or former club legend i like to keep around the place as a figurehead. Otherwise, that staff role is empty in my saves.