Players away on International Duty... very annoying!!

jamielong951

Reaction score
Hi,

The majority of my players are uncapped... I manage to buy a good player (Chris James), but only a few months into the season I havent been able to play him on around 4 occasions as hes been away with the international squad.

This may sound silly.. but.. is there anyway I can withdraw him, or cancel him being called up as hes going to miss yet anmother game with me against a strong team where I could use him.

Reason I ask is, I just saw one of those tips when continuing the game and it said something like 'WHD (or something similar) next to a players name means he has been withdrawn from the national squad'

Thanks

You can withdraw players from friendly matches, but not official qualifying matches. Every time when players get called up for internationals you get a message saying 'x players called up fir international duty'. At the bottom of that message is an option 'set friendly instructions' that's where you can withdraw players. But be careful because most players don't like it when they are withdrawn.

Ok thanks alot :) Will look out for it now.

---------- Post added at 09:03 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Heres another question for you.. I was trying to setup one of the Sigs youve got on here.. how do you find out what your team ID and competition ID is etc for the images? Cheers mate

Go to Preferences<display and sound and tick show unique IDs.

Thought i'd put this on here as the title says everything for me. Saves creating a new thread

In my 2nd season with Liverpool. There's some midweek international fixtures. 95% of my players are away on duty but for some reason i've still had to play Leeds in the league

I had 2 first teamers, 2 **** reserves and then the rest i've had to pull from the under 18s

ended up losing 1-0 and they're ***** too. annoyed me to **** as i'm chasing Man Utd who are amazing this season

surely this is a glitch as they normally don't play games on these days

anyone else had this problem??

Thought i'd put this on here as the title says everything for me. Saves creating a new thread

In my 2nd season with Liverpool. There's some midweek international fixtures. 95% of my players are away on duty but for some reason i've still had to play Leeds in the league

I had 2 first teamers, 2 **** reserves and then the rest i've had to pull from the under 18s

ended up losing 1-0 and they're ***** too. annoyed me to **** as i'm chasing Man Utd who are amazing this season

surely this is a glitch as they normally don't play games on these days

anyone else had this problem??

I had this problem on my CSKA Moscow game, all my first team minus Alan Dzagoev (who for some reason hasn't made it into the Russian squad) were away on international duty and I had a game against Anzhi to play, who are bottom of the league. Had to get 9 youth players and 6 reserve players in order to make the team and a bench and we drew 1-1. Wasn't too bad but gave Spartak Moscow the chance to catch me up, so I wasn't impressed.

There are tons of threads on this. Next time search ;)
I do think that it is a bug but it just might be unlucky coincidence.

There are tons of threads on this. Next time search ;)
I do think that it is a bug but it just might be unlucky coincidence.

i did search and this thread title said what i wanted to say

hope this is a bug and it'll be fixed in one of the next patches