Players become unhappy

izzice777

Reaction score
I have a big problem with unhappy players at my club. I manage a small club (Swansea) who gets into premier league and did well. When all the big teams want to buy and offer good money, i often reject, due to not wanting to disrupt the harmony and understanding of my team.

They usually unhappy not be able to move to big clubs. How can i prevent this?

Tried:
- offering new contract, which they dont accept.
- interact to them telling that i understand his ambition and try to improve the club.
- praise them often for good performance.
- setting the asking price high to avoid interest from big clubs.

All of this always leading to player become unhappy and sign for big clubs when nearing their end of contract. This leads to me being the losing side. I have to sell them, usually high value, to avoid this from happen. Hate selling them though.

Do anyone have ways to avoid this from happening? Thanks.

instead of rejecting offers, ask for a ridiculous amount of money for a player.

if i do that, player still unhappy and say that they didnt allowed to move.

whenever a club enquire the price for your players, set it as high as possible, that makes it not possible for players to know and the club will withdraw the bid... I do that too

---------- Post added at 01:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

also try to make ur best players set you as Favoured Personnel, praise them individually for good performances, in press conferences say that u consider that player as the best in your squad whenever the related question is asked, single the individual good performances in a match, individual team talks focussing on the star player,this is what I generally do.
Its a long drawn out process and takes time and it is natural that your players would want to play in the good clubs like ManU, Chelsea,Arsenal,Liverpool and the like but try to keep morale of players always better and it invariably helps.

When rejecting a bid, give the reason of "Indispensable to the club" most of the players will understand that and be happy to stay, however some of your ambitious players will still want to move, just keep winning games and doing well and they'll soon forget about the move and will be happy to stay... you just gotta look at the Gareth Barry saga last summer!!!