Player's clever celebration fails.

Puddz

Reaction score
Vancouver Whitecaps star Eric Hassli was left with egg on his face when his plan to pull off a comic goal celebration led to him being sent off.
The Frenchman wanted to celebrate scoring a goal for his new side in style, so after slotting in a 55th minute penalty against the New England Revolution on Wednesday he ran up to the home supporters and took his shirt off before throwing it into the crowd.
Having already been booked in the match he knew he would ordinarily have risked a sending off for such an act - but Hassli thought he would be safe thanks to his cunning plan of wearing a second, identical shirt underneath.
Footballer's clever celebration backfires - Yahoo! Eurosport UK

I thought it was a genius idea :( Shouldn't of been sent off.

Lol, epic fail..

What is the actual law regarding these celebrations?

Unlucky. But tbh it is the rule. Best fail celebration has go to be marting pelermos backflip that got him injured and I think this lead to Lazio pulling out the transfer of him aha.

Rules are Rules! you take off your shirt in celebration you will get booked.... good refereeing <)

Lol, epic fail..

What is the actual law regarding these celebrations?

I think you aren't allowed to take off your shirt due to sponsorships. If you take off your shirt during the match, the sponsors lose advertising time. Could be wrong though.

FIFA rules just say;

A player must be cautioned if:
• in the opinion of the referee, he makes gestures which are
provocative, derisory or infl ammatory
• he climbs on to a perimeter fence to celebrate a goal being
scored
• he removes his shirt or covers his head with his shirt.

no given reason.

Wonder how long till some clever cloggs turns his shirt back to front to celebrate....not a bookable offence as long as it doesnt cover his head!

Stupid rule. Ravanelli's celebration :wub:

FIFA rules just say;

no given reason.

Wonder how long till some clever cloggs turns his shirt back to front to celebrate....not a bookable offence as long as it doesnt cover his head!

Stupid rule. Ravanelli's celebration :wub:

What was Ravanelli's celebration?​

What was Ravanelli's celebration?
ravenelli.jpg

It is a stupid rule imo. If there is anything rude on an under shirt or something I can understand, but it is rather stupid

Also, that idea of wearing a second shirt was already done in Stjarnan.

If you don't remember Stjarnan:
[video=youtube;NHpAYlas7lA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHpAYlas7lA[/video]

---------- Post added at 06:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

See page 116....putting a mask against your face is also a cautionable offence.

Yes, actually, the mask was a picture of Neymar <) Here, the explanation for the yellow card was that the mask is not part of the uniform. Santos' celebrations last year were a lot better than now.

And I'll try not to flood the topic again(A)<)

You're not flooding, your posting relevant stuff. Very rare someone does that nowadays!

Anyways, it's a stupid rule (wearing a mask or taking/lifting the shirt) but it is a rule so players should know better particularly if they are on a yellow already.

You're not flooding, your posting relevant stuff. Very rare someone does that nowadays!

Anyways, it's a stupid rule (wearing a mask or taking/lifting the shirt) but it is a rule so players should know better particularly if they are on a yellow already.
Thank You :D

About being booked by lifting the shirt, isn't that because the sponsor will be covered? And Neymar still acts like a child(plays like a grown up, anyway).
Last week, in the Pernambuco State Championship, Wellington Saci got injured during the celebration
[video=youtube;FLIGEAzI2r8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLIGEAzI2r8[/video]

Palmeiras' last "failed" celebration(that I remember) became a famous a nickname here. Palmeiras was playing against Santos, and when Palmeiras scored, our players started to dance the Rebolation, a 2010 hit in Brazil. Pablo Armero(Now playing for Udinese) got too happy... and is now called Ameration <)

[video=youtube;4gMAvhoB634]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gMAvhoB634[/video]