Players constantly on low condition after month and a half break

SWLGooner

Reaction score
Playing as Douglas Haig in the Primera Division Argentina, 2016/17.
After a month and a half break (mid Dec to end of Jan), my players were fine in the Supercopa (27 Jan) but lost fitness slightly quicker than normal.

Taking them into the next game (Jan 5, so 9 days later), they all have condition level at like 60, I'm very confused.

Here's a shot of their condition a couple days after the Supercopa, on the Tuesday.
View attachment 267364
Can anyone help? Is the problem that my assistant didn't schedule any friendlies over the break? I've messed around with training, which my assistant had set at Fitness/Heavy but that didn't do that much.

Thanks.

You should have had a friendly or two before the restart. Training won't solve it. Fitness trains attributes, not match fitness. Match fitness (or lack of it) is gained by playing matches.

Thanks for the response.

I originally thought the same thing mate. But I tried to schedule a couple, and it wouldn't let me - every date was listed as unavailable. For example, here's the potential fixtures for a friendly against Juventud de Pergamino (our biggest rival). I've tried switching around the type of friendly, the opposition, home/away, everything, it just won't show any dates as anything other than 'unavailable'.

My players aren't on holiday, nor are theirs. I'm very confused as to why this is happening.

View attachment 266648

Thanks for the response.

I originally thought the same thing mate. But I tried to schedule a couple, and it wouldn't let me - every date was listed as unavailable. For example, here's the potential fixtures for a friendly against Juventud de Pergamino (our biggest rival). I've tried switching around the type of friendly, the opposition, home/away, everything, it just won't show any dates as anything other than 'unavailable'.

My players aren't on holiday, nor are theirs. I'm very confused as to why this is happening.

View attachment 854997
That is strange. I have no idea why you'd be getting that. So you can't even arrange a friendly against your U19s or Reserves? Maybe even try the reverse; organise friendlies for your reserve team against the first team.