Players demanding transfers

Reaction score
I'm heading into my fifth season as manager of MK Dons, and my third in the Premiership. I've just won the League Cup the previous season, as well as finishing 4th in the league, giving us entry into the Champion's League.

Even with all that success, my best right winger, who is also one of the better right wingers in the league as well as my starting right back have demanded transfers.

How is this realistic at all?

Your club reputation is still quite low as compared to the likes of Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal all these even though you have achieved some success.

You can either just reject their transfer request or just sell them off and get other players.

its good to see you managing MK, if they are important just dont let them leave not unless you can replace them with some one of equal ability.

I'm heading into my fifth season as manager of MK Dons, and my third in the Premiership. I've just won the League Cup the previous season, as well as finishing 4th in the league, giving us entry into the Champion's League.

Even with all that success, my best right winger, who is also one of the better right wingers in the league as well as my starting right back have demanded transfers.

How is this realistic at all?
I´ve wondered about this for a long time also. I´m curently managing Bordeaux and I´ve won the league for 3 years in a row, been in CH-league semifinals twice and won last season and I won Europa League my second season.
But still I had to sell Nicolas Otamendi to Roma and they have a lower ranking and less success than me.
I think that no matter how much you win the players will still want to go to one of the G14 clubs and I can´t understand why.

The thing that irritates me is the fact that most players in my game ask for a transfer a day or two after the transfer window closes. I accept the request and rarely play them as I prefer players who actually want to play for the club and when the next transfer window starts (and I've won something) then they announce that they want to stay. No way I'm keeping those greedy traitor bastards.

As for players wanting to leave successful clubs for high reputation ones there really isn't much you can do. Some players just are glory-hunters. And the more I value and respect players who stay with one club for their entire career and help build those clubs into successful ones.

Hmm, try Interacting with them and then offer them a new contract. If you tell them that you won't leave them to go, they might decide to stay, that happened to me once.

Does anyone else experience the same problem even though you in a big club or a smaller club that´s become big?

I´m in a bigger club now Sampdoria and i hope that my current squad will want to stay with the club now at least even if my ranking was very high with Bordeaux I think it might have something to do with the league you play?

It's a mixture of league, your teams rep, your coaches rep, and your success.

I'm having same problems in Greece.

If they are under contract, they can't leave until they finish the contract or you (or the board or Bosman ruling) decide to let them leave. So if you want them, deny the transfer, and demand performances from them, usually if you can win games and trophies they will like the growing reputation and want to leave.

I had this with Gareth Bale at Tottenham, told him to stay and help the club grow (this was in the second season) he said no, that he wanted to play at a bigger club and requested a transfer, so I denied him and benched him for a month. This ****** him off, but he can eat it, because no player is bigger than the team - and he can honour that contract. Went on the win the league, and he soon came running back and apologised :D most recently won the treble with him starting at left back.

Also it helps if your manager reputation is high, the club reputation is high (both by winning) and his contract is satisfactory, and if he is with favoured personnel.