Players developing really poorly under AI?

Tmel

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced that players don't progress nearly as much under AI? I'm coming to the end of my 4th season as Fulham and am now a top Premiership side so was looking forward to pursuing some targets who would have previously been unattainable but having a look at some of the big names in FM18, they really haven't progressed well. I know this is normal if the player doesn't play much but in my game the likes of Milinković-Savić, Upamecano and Kessie who have all been regulars at club level since the beginning of the game just haven't really developed. For instance, most of Milinković-Savić's key technical stats are all around the 13-14 mark.

Am just surprised as my experience in past games is that players usually develop almost as well under AI as under a human player (assuming they've been getting games).

Hi man,

yeah ive noticed this a lot throughout the series but more so in FM18. Players like Ryan Sessegnon and Kessie don’t become the great players they’re expected to become. Although, some players do develop well, Havertz from Leverkusen is becoming a top player in my save! So I guess it may just be random :S