abbyjones

Reaction score
Hi there,
I am currently managing Liverpool in my 5th season
The legends Gerro and Carra are still in the team but they play sparingly
My biggest dilemma here is about my current players
I managed to get coentrao and mata
They are 26 and coentrao is worth 25m ( i bought for 9m)
while mata is worth 30m ( i bought for 25m)
I wonder if i should sell them, i have very good regen backups who are ready who could surpass their abilities in maybe a few years time.
The team is in healthy financial position, but i am tempted to sell due to the big bucks and i don't want to lose their value in the next few years

Please advise

hi welcome to Fm-base :)

The Deal or No Deal Thread

why do you want to sell them? do you have good enough backups for these Regens? they are 26 dude, not 36.. they have not even hit their prime.. if you are playing them both in the same position with the regens playing there as well.. then I would suggest selling one of them (being Coentrao as you would gain the most on ROI (return on investment) as you only paid 9m for him...

they will only rise in value if you keep winning things and playing well...

You don't sell players in their prime IMO (unless you get a ridiculous offer). If you're worried about losing money as they get older then you shouldn't buy big name players.

Buy big and take the lose, or buy small and grow your own talent.

You don't sell players in their prime IMO (unless you get a ridiculous offer). If you're worried about losing money as they get older then you shouldn't buy big name players.

Buy big and take the lose, or buy small and grow your own talent.
I actually sell players as they're just about half way through their "prime years".
They usually only have two-three seasons left before they're starting to drop off, I'd much rather sell somone who's still just about playing near his best for a much higher price than play him untill his legs give way then try and offloud him and his wages when he is old and worth nowhere near what he was.
If you plan ahead anyway you should already have two maybe three other players between 18-24 that can instantly fill in for anyone close to 30.

Hi there,
@raikan
thanks for replies, am i in the right place to post, deal or no deal or just here?
and ur legend here lol i see ur post everywhere

Maybe i shud switch my focus
I am in a dilemma as in transfer strategy
I am not too sure how to deal with transfers, i got fond of my players cos i treat it as real life lol and at the same time I don't wanna lose money. Need some ideas on how you deal if you guys deal subtly or aggressively in the transfer market!
Some notable example, i sold paulo henrique for 53m to man city, he is godlike but he doesn perform in my tactics so, he's out afta three seasons. Hazard was offered 60m pounds ( NO DEAL, he's godlike)

As mentioned above, i have a few LB like Digne ( I love his speed but his defending sucks , robinson godlike defending but his speed sucks and another GODLIKE regen from Tobias Frohlich good at everything except bravery)

arggh just dilemma, spent few hours pondering at their stats ...