Players doing well then suddenly becoming sh*t

Reaction score
So I'm managing PSG first season, and Ibrahimovic has been a total beast for the first half of the season, more goals than games played (15 goals 12 caps). But then around Feb he totally becomes sh*t and now he's got 16 goals in 29 caps, I'm just wondering why this happens. I know players can be in bad form for a while and stuff, but does it really go on for so long? I've been rotating between 3 tactics and his form hasn't improved much no matter which one I use so I've really got no idea how to make him do as good as he did in the first half of the season..... On a side note, in the EPL van persie is now top scorer (in game) but in my MU save he's totally **** from the start, even with 30 caps he's got like around 6.50 avg rating
cry.gif

Sounds like your tactics don't integrate the striker enough then, although it is realistic... Nasri and Van Persie were both **** in the second half of their final years with Arsenal, and Van Persie is **** again now in real life! :)

I've been using the same tactics the first half of the season and he was able to do really well though... and I'm not saying it's unrealistic, just wondering how I might be able to make him do as well as he did before :S

Think of it this way: Random factors. In real life this could be family crisis, personal problems, etc. They probably try to simulate this in-game. In one of my save Cabaye is having one **** of a season. Almost 8.0 avg rating, 17 assists already, but, all of a sudden in march his morale dropped to okay-poor and together with that also his performance.

Is he unhappy or anything? Maybe manager comments have affected him or he's wanting a new contract and you haven't offered or anything?

Is he unhappy or anything? Maybe manager comments have affected him or he's wanting a new contract and you haven't offered or anything?
Nothing that I can think of. When I tried to talk to him it's as if nothing happened and his profile didn't say anything about him being unhappy. This happened to another player to before him (Wellington Nem). Usually happened on the 2nd half of the season and as soon as the season ended they returned for the next one all happy.

Ohh not sure then, maybe needs a bit of a test and come on as a sub for a few games