Players Favorite Teams

Gink

Reaction score
What does it take to get players to think of your team as one of their favorites?
This really puzzles me.

I`ve taken players out of the gutter, trained them, given them first team experience, lots of praise, sometimes spankings when needed, and won them trophies. They might have lots of staff and players at the club, including me, as favorite personell, but I can`t seem to make them pick my club as a favorite, it`s extremely rare in my games.

However, whenever I lend someone out for 3 months to some crappy mid table championship club, they always seem to instantly pick that club as a favorite.

Does anyone know how players pick favorite clubs? Is it just totally random and stupid?

I'm not 100% but i'd hazard a guess saying you could get them to put you as a favourite club if:

a) they are at your club years, like Neville style.
b) they are at your club, succesful, then leave.

Total guess.

it always baffles me when I loan a player to some **** team, they come back after a few months with a total of maybe 1 goal on a couple appearances, and that club becomes a favorite, when in reality they never would have went to that club under any other circumstance.

it always baffles me when I loan a player to some **** team, they come back after a few months with a total of maybe 1 goal on a couple appearances, and that club becomes a favorite, when in reality they never would have went to that club under any other circumstance.
this happened to me sent a player out on loan first game got injured then the club became one of his favourites

Exactly!

I`m not expecting every player that gets a few games in my team to think of my team as a favorite.
But I am expecting a player I pick up as a youngster that progresses in my club, has mentors, gains favorite personell, gets his national debut, gets to play champions league final etc to ******* have some emotional attachment to my club! D:

It`s not like it doesn`t happen, but not nearly as often as I would think.

Most of the time the fans have to love the player too. For example, I managed Toronto FC for a long time in my most recent game, and if they favoured one of our players, then that player would love the club back. Hope that helps.

I've noticed it has something to do with the player's personality as well......a guy with "loyal" will put you as a favorite a lot quicker.

That doesn`t really explain why a player picks a team he`s been at on loan for 3 months over his parent club where he`s been progressing, had success, and known the staff/manager/players for a long time.

Weird, I bought Milevskyi on the 1st Jan 2010, and he already has Newcastle as a favoured team by 7 April 2010, despite having spent a total of 8 weeks injured and only playing 9 games for me (6 goals, 7.48 avg).

I found this guy who was bought by FC Groningen, played 3 games in a season, left on a free transfer, Groningen as Favourite club