agthomson

Reaction score
I signed Keirrison (10.5m), Mattock (1m) and Bojan (free) for my Celtic team at the end of the first season. Bojan and Keirisson fought for my lone striker jersey the whole second season, with both scoring between 15 and 20 goals but Mattock didn't dislodge my first choice left back (Marcelo).

At the end of season 2 I got an offer of 2m from West Brom for Mattock which I rejected, hoping he'd improve in season 3. The player's agent then said that Mattock was upset and wanted to move back to England or something to that affect. Thinking I wouldn't now get the best out of Mattock I sold him to Leicester when they offered the 2m I had previously turned down.

Did I do the right thing, or would he get over it and play well for me?

I'm having similar problems with Keirisson (wanted by Inter) and Bojan (Wanted by Lyon). I am loathed to sell my two prized assets but after rejecting opening bids for both they are both unhappy at the club.

Are they too good for Celtic? Can I stop this from happening?

My general management style is that I sell players when they are 31 and buy good youth players in the hope that they develop into a star player. It looks like I won't be able to do that with Celtic in this version of FM.

sell your whole team and buy the whole of rangers then you will have a good team =)

Na but dont sell bojan or kierisson they usually get over it a bit into the season

mattock is meant to be 1 of the best left backs in the game, so i hav heard anyways. altho, i am in season 4 or something with arsenal and he isnt as good as some people have said. but he is young and could be awesome with the corrrect training if u get him at the start of the game. as for bojan and kierisson, i wouldnt sell them, but then again u would get good money for them, but they aint exactly a krissy boyd :p

The offer for bojan was 17.5m (his value is 8) and was 12M for Keirisson (his value is 10.5). I looked at getting a Boyd/Fletcher strikeforce but scouted them and they would be my 4th and 5th best strikers behind Bojan, Keirrison and Saivet. I could easily get both for under the 30m i'd get for my current pair, and they are good, but I would prefer to keep my prized strikers.

As you can see I also have Saivet who will be challenging one of them for the top striker place. I do plan on selling one at the end of my current season.

I was a little disappointed with Mattock to be honest. He turned in some great performances, but he didn't play nearly as well as Marcelo who is a fan's favourite.

i think you can get more for bojan i got him for free for rangers got 2 class season out of him and sold him to man utd for €43mil that is euros btw, but i offered him a €37,5 mil min fee release clause at the start so utd paid that, the extra 6 mil comes off appearance fees etc, but this guy for celtic on my game called olexandr gladkyi, strachan signed him, and the last 2 seasons in the spl he was top goalscorer and assister above bojan by a lot, i think hes at shakhtar so u could try and get him, cos he was class for celtic on mine

Thanks for the tip. I've managed to convince Keirrison his future is at Celtic (somehow) although Bojan keeps getting told by other managers (Benitez etc) that he is world class or whatever which is unsettling him more.

I've recently changed my formation, so i'm going to have to re-evaluate my team which probably means getting rid of a few players which just don't quite fit in. Looks like Saivet, Buonnanoe (or however it's spelt), Acosta, Brown and Maloney may have to go :(

One tip for Celtic managers - Play Scott MacDonald in the 1st season as much as possible. His value will increase to more than 6million normally which is enough to buy a player that is younger and already better.

in my game celtic have been taken over and they have a transfer budget of £150m a season.They are starting to challenge my position at the top of the table:S

sell your whole team and buy the whole of rangers then you will have a good team =)

Na but dont sell bojan or kierisson they usually get over it a bit into the season

n12051736250_9597.jpg

you just have to keep on being resillient in rejecting their offers and eventually they will give up and the players go back to normal and are not unhappy!

happened with alexis sanchez for my udinese team, only lasted like 2 months then they are happy again, just be patient!

My Celtic team is beeassssssst.

GK - Sergio Asenjo
DR - Davide Santon
DC - Darren O'Dea
DC - Mamadou Sakho
DMC - Joe Allen
MR - Axel Witsel
ML - Razan Ochirosii
AMC - Daniel Pacheco
ST - Jan Vennegoor of Hessenlink
ST - Denis Alibec

Others -
Giorgos Samaras
Zakarie Boucher
Nathan Delfouneso
Aiden McGready
Magnus Eikrem

These players are currently injured for me -
James Chester
Robert Lewandowski
Krisztian Nemeth

What do you think? :)

GK - Sergio Asenjo
DR - Davide Santon
DC - Darren O'Dea
DC - Mamadou Sakho
DMC - Joe Allen
MR - Axel Witsel
ML - Razan Ochirosii
AMC - Daniel Pacheco
ST - Denis Alibec

Others -
Giorgos Samaras
Zakarie Boucher
Nathan Delfouneso
Aiden McGready
Magnus Eikrem

James Chester
Robert Lewandowski
Krisztian Nemeth

That's not that bad. Mine is currently:-

GK - Boruc / Boucher
DC - O'Dea
DC - Jiranek
DC - McManus
WBL - Marcelo
WBR - Caddis
MC - Buonnanoe
WL - Driver
WR - Saivet / Ljajic
ST - Bojan
ST - Keirrison

Bench
Hinkel
Maloney
Brown
Acosta
Kadlec
Riff
Caldwell
A few regens and youths

I'm hoping to get Sakho, Santon and another CB in the January transfer window as I have ~20 million to spend.

On-topic Bojan and Keirrison are now both happy at the club, although Keirrison was unhappy for a week when I criticised one of his performances. Might have to sell the moany git!

GK - Sergio Asenjo
DR - Davide Santon
DC - Darren O'Dea
DC - Mamadou Sakho
DMC - Joe Allen
MR - Axel Witsel
ML - Razan Ochirosii
AMC - Daniel Pacheco
ST - Denis Alibec

Others -
Giorgos Samaras
Zakarie Boucher
Nathan Delfouneso
Aiden McGready
Magnus Eikrem

James Chester
Robert Lewandowski
Krisztian Nemeth

Who do u play left back?

---------- Post added at 08:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

My Celtic team at the end of the 2010/2011 seson

GK - Artur Boruc
RB - Mark Wilson
LB - Gary Naysmith
DC - John Kennedy
DC - Guglielmo Stendardo
DMC - Giulio Migliaccio(Moving to Fiorntina for 10M but signing Miguel Veloso for 11M)
MR - Andrea Gasbarroni
ML - Barry Robson
AMC - Paul Hartley
FC - Alexis Sanchez
FC - James McFadden

Others -
Marc Brown
Scott Cuthbert
Andriy Nesmachny
Gary Caldwell
Ivan Kristic
Nik Besagno
Charlie Grant
Birkir Bjarnason
Shunsuke Nakamura
Simone Pepe
Juan Roman Riquelme
Garry O'Connor
Nikola Zigic

How did u all get so much cash

I sold all the players part about 3, i had to include 1 of my under19's in my Champions League team :$

My Lb is still Lee Naylor.
I've sold Aiden McGready for 10million i think it was, Also in januray Zuculini is coming for a bargin of 700k.

I've got 500k to spend now.. but don't really need any new players, might be selling Jan Vennegoor of Hessenlink just to get abit of money, and might get a new LB and then sell Naylor

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4318/fmcelti.jpg
There's proof by the way :p just in case you don't believe me 8-|

Last edited:
Sold Robson, Hartley, Samaras, Hesselink, McDonald, Naka, McGeady (8 million) and all other fringe players. Bought and sold Van Der Vaart, Berra, Mattock.

Most players i've signed were quite cheap except for Saivet, Keirrison and Acosta.

get rid of mcmanus he's pish. my whole celtic team wanted to leave constantly, i just left them to it. when you win a few trophies at end of season they get happy, just tie them down to a new 5 year contract every single year and you'll get to keep them. i won the uefa cup (5th season) & lost in final of european cup (6th season) with celtic so unhappy players don't affect your squad that much in the spl. try out zucilini, young argy defensive mid player think he comes from boca. i had kerrison for celtic he was pish, if you can pick up marquinhos (striker) from palmeiras i would, my best player for celtic by far. also had thiago silva in defence, he was class. sakho would be a better signing though to be honest. get rid of boruc btw, he's pish, get asenjo, fiorillo or ustari instead. borus is seriously bad in the game btw, despite getting good ratings he sucks.

Here's my Celtic Team....

GK - ARTUR BORUC
CBR - KRISZTIAN TIMAR = £2.2m from Plymouth
CB - STEPHEN McMANUS
CBL - WILLIAM MATHEUS = £3.8m signing from Figurinese
AMR - SHUNSUKE NAKAMURA
AML - SHAUN MALONEY
CMR - LUIGI BRUINS = £7m signing from Feyenoord
CML - MARC CROSAS
RF - JAN VENNIGOR OF HESSILINK
CF - KRISZTIAN NEMETH = £7m signing from Liverpool
LF - SCOTT McDONALD

SUBS...

KEIRRISON = £4.4m from Cortiba
LUKAS ZALUSKAS = £875k from Dundee United
DARREN O'DEA
KOKI MIZUNO
AIDEN McGEADY
RONALDO = signed him for free after come back from serious injury
PAUL HARTLEY

I decided at the beginning of my game that I favour a back 3 instead of having a back 4 so I made some money by selling Wilson,Hinkel and Naylor for £12m between them. sold Donati for £3.5m, Mark Brown for £400k.

I've signed Kerrison now 8-|

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:36 PM ----------

How many games is there is SPL?:$

Finally gave up with Keirrison. Moaned the whole 3rd season for me, so got rid of him for 12million. Not a lot I know but I needed to. Made a cool £10 million profit on Saivet without playing him too much, so that funded summer moves for Defour and Witsel.

Beginning of season 4 was a nightmare! All my old celtic players (McManus, O'Dea, Brown, Maloney, Boruc) requested transfers as they wanted a new challenge. It was a scramble to replace them, but I think I did.

Had real trouble signing a new 'keeper. Couldn't get Asenjo as he didn't want to leave his club, couldn't get Krul as he wanted 75k a week and missed out on an argentine for the same reason. Is it just me or are the wage demands sometimes rediculous? Sakho wanted 80k a week which I couldn't afford after agreeing a £7 million fee and a few other player's are the same.

Just curious to know how people are doing well in europe with Celtic. I qualified from the group stage 3 seasons in a row, and 3 seasons in a row i've went out at the first KO round (3-2 agg to Arsenal, 6-3 agg to Man U, 4-3 agg to Shalke). At home i'm generally solid, but no matter what I do away from home (true to Celtic in europe) I get beat. Not just beat, convincingly beat.

my team

GK-Boruc
DR-bostwinga
DL-aurellio
DC-caldwell
DC-upson
MC-vianna
MC-sunny
AMR-duda
AML-caffa
ST-mcdonald
ST-podolski