ST

LB

RB

CM

CM

GK

Verthongen as CB and Badelj as CM/CDM.
Perhaps Given or Ospina as GK.
You dont need a new RB, the current one (cant remember his name, your captain) is good enough by far.

GK : Kameni
CM : Badelj -Cattermole
CDM : Kara
CB : Vertonghen
LB : M'bengue
RB : Van der Wiel
ST : Quintero

Don't change all them players, it will ruin your team, just change a couple a season or buy like 4 and slowly put them into the team.

A player that would be good for you is that Vrsaljko guy, he is cheap and becomes really good and extremely versatile.
Maniche for CM?
Not sure about the others as you're Malaga

I'm starting a Malaga save as well and the Spanish league restriction is really annoying(max 3 non eu) as there are a lot of players I want and only have one non eu spot to spare....

Sell Weligton, so that you have another eu-spot. Felipe Anderson would be great as CM and Cahill as CB

Malaga 1st Season

Rb - Sebastien Corchia

Lb - Nacho Monreal - is one of the most consistant performers in the game.. ( I wouldnt sell him if you already havent)

Cb - Phil Jagielka done well in my Valencia save first season.. Vertonghen quality aswell..

CDM - Yann M’Vila ( Id try keep Ignacio Camacho ) ( Ivan Tomečak versitile & Good Squad Player )

Cm - Marvin Martin ; Milan Badelj ;

St - Salomón Rondón ( Keep him ) plus you have Juanmi & Ruud van Nistelrooy.. So St not a concern but if you want to sign someone sign Leandro Damiao or Yaya Sanogo (Poacher)

Gk - Alphonse Areola ; Keep Caballero and rotate in games you expect to win with Areola.. will work out and come season 3 you will have a keeper playing 1st team consitantly with game time will be on his way to be a top keeper.

I wouldnt advise signing so many players first season.. maybe one or two and evaluate Jan & Second season..

jack collison from west ham is an excellent central midfielder(great pa and adaptability). diego lopez from villarreal is a top class goalkeeper(at least for liga bbva). if you want cheap central defenders try soumare(bolougne) and novaretti(toluca). both cost around 1.3 million euros each. as a striker you should try moussa sow(lille) and leigh griffiths(wolves)

If you're looking for a good goalkeeper, look for Bundesliga...

Sven Ulriech, Bernd Leno, Marc ter Stegen, Oliver Baumann...etc and the list goes on. All of them are 19-20 years old and they all have 3,5-4 star potential abilities...

If you're looking for a free transfer, then you might keep Rene Adler on your shortlist...

first of all i'll list the players i'd keep, julio baptista, toulalan, joaquin, cazorla and van nistelrooy (as backup striker). i'd basically get rid of every other player ASAP. never been a team that has more excess rubbish in it than malaga.

as i recall their centre of defence is full of guys with 7 for pace/acceleration so i got rid of them all asap!

i signed moussa sossoko for BBM midfielder (27m, is really good for me) although theres another spanish guy who would be good here, javi martinez is it? think he plays for bilbao. if you're able to get m'villa he'd prolly be best tho.

dont have any good defensive recommendations 1st season as i signed mangane who was fairly average for CB, demichellis is awful in my opinion despite his good stats. for first 2 seasons i got alot of loan defenders from the EPL like j.evans, fabio and m.richards who were all great and got signed on permanent deals after.

signed kameni for GK who was great and cheapish, although he does leave for african cup first season (both city and r.madrid tried to sign him after his first season for me).

best signing of all was leandro damiao as a poacher striker, played him alongside baptista who was DLF-support and they made an awesome team. also signed iker munain who was useless first season but from 2nd season onwards has been a little god, he's great! i made the mistake of selling rondon, from what i hear he's actually great so prolly best to keep him.

finished 3rd in first season.

beefed up defence in 3rd season with papadopolous and howedes who are completely solid, m.richards (RB) and j.evans (LB) are very good too. sell juanmi imo he's not going to get good anytime soon!

Last edited:
Gotta have Marvin Martin for your CM, gets truck loads of assists!

these are the players i buy when i use malaga
gk-kameni(6 m euros)
rb-azpilicueta(14 m euros:8 million after 48 months)
cb-camporese(6 m euros)
lb-jordi alba(10 m euros)
cm-borja valero(19 m euros:after 48 months)
st-muniain(23 m euros:after 48 months)