bigrich1980

Reaction score
I am just about to start my 5th season as Motherwell manager, I have won the SPL the last 2 years running and have a good young team, lots of 5 star regens from Scotland and France. I also have Eric Torres and Fierro up front. Unfortunately my money is getting gradually drained as i am not performing in Europe, 1st two seasons got knocked out in the Europa League Qualifiers, 3rd Season got knocked out in the Champion League Qualifying round, last season i made it to group stage of the champion league but despite two very repetable wins at home against Ajax and Liverpool, Barcelona done me home and away and Liverpool and Ajax thumped me on their grounds, so came 4th in the group. I need players that will make the difference between Going out of the group stages and getting into the quater finals, i feel at the moment i have a team that can dominate the SPL but need a couple of players, who are a class above to make the cut in the Champion League - i have about 6 million to spend.

After 5 years alot will change so go through some under 21 teams for cheap regens and see who is on the transfer list and free. Eg: Messi could be available on a free by now.

Javier Mascherano might be available on a free now and he could make that difference.

thank you for your replies - unfortunately, even though i am in the champion league and have won the SPL twice and 3 domestic cups in the last 5 seasons, a lot of the big name players wont come to me, also their salaries would bankrupt me as although the stadium has been expanded, i only have 26,000 seater stadium. i tried to get affelly from Barcelona who is transfer listed, but not interested, Johnson from Man City was also not interested. Adeboyor is on a free transfer and he hasnt been signed yet - i am hoping when he get to January he will be interested.

Are you still playing this game mate, love to see people playing as Motherwell!