Players for Newcastle 2nd season (back in Prem)

Reaction score
Coming to the end of my first season now and I'm currently 17pts clear of second with 3 games to play so I am planning for next year. Looked at the budget for next season and I have (somehow) £65m to spend and £500k p/w for wages.

Here is my current squad:

View attachment 116031

And here is my current tactic that I have used for the majority of the season:

View attachment 116030

I want to at least give the tactic a try in the Premier League as I have dominated the Championship this year (although how much of that is down to the actual tactic, rather than the fact Newcastle have by far the best squad, I don't know).

I think maybe I would like a new first choice GK - not sold on Sels (no pun intended) or Darlow.

The back 4 I'm happy with, except for maybe a major improvement at right back, then I could be tempted.

I think I'd like a really good CM for the CM (D) role.

I'm open to strengthening any of the 3 attacking midfield roles, mainly the SS role and the winger as I don't feel Aaron's is fully ready yet.

Gayle I'm happy with - 30 league goals so far this year - but if someone could suggest a great replacement then again I may be tempted.

I'd rather have players who can step straight into the first team rather than "wonderkids" who may be brilliant in 3/4 seasons, although all suggestions are welcome. Also if anyone wants to suggest any players they think should be offloaded (already thinking Lazaar, Gouffran, Mitrovic :'( and Colback) then feel free.

Thanks!

1. GK - look at Pickford from Sunderland or Alban Lafont (both around 20m including instalments). Or the cheaper, older and great(er) Consigli.

2. RB- Iorfa is your man. Or the cheaper Peruzzi.

3. CM (D) - Lucas Romero or Ascacibar from Estudiantes LP

4. SS - Vietto is awesome

5. Winger - loan in Patric Roberts

CM (D) - Marcelo Meli is superb and only £5-6m

W - Andre Green, although he may be a little pricey, 100% worth it. England's best player in 3-4 years.

RB - Passlack is normally available for around £12-15m after the first season. Best RB in the game alongside Bellerin.

GK - Gollini from Villa. Pedraj Rajkovic. Alex Meret. Bart Dragowski.

SS - Evander - Needs retraining but will do the job straight away. I highly recommend.

1. GK - look at Pickford from Sunderland or Alban Lafont (both around 20m including instalments). Or the cheaper, older and great(er) Consigli.

2. RB- Iorfa is your man. Or the cheaper Peruzzi.

3. CM (D) - Lucas Romero or Ascacibar from Estudiantes LP

4. SS - Vietto is awesome

5. Winger - loan in Patric Roberts

CM (D) - Marcelo Meli is superb and only £5-6m

W - Andre Green, although he may be a little pricey, 100% worth it. England's best player in 3-4 years.

RB - Passlack is normally available for around £12-15m after the first season. Best RB in the game alongside Bellerin.

GK - Gollini from Villa. Pedraj Rajkovic. Alex Meret. Bart Dragowski.

SS - Evander - Needs retraining but will do the job straight away. I highly recommend.

Thanks to you both for the advice! I actually tried to sign Iorfa in January but Wolves wanted £11m and I didn't have the funds, but have signed him now for £8m.

Atsu had a £5m agreed fee in his loan deal to me as well, so I signed him permanently as he impressed and was valued at £13.25m.

I'm going to try for either Consigli or probably Rajkovic for GK, and either Romero or Meli (Meli is available for £1.7m so maybe both).

I can get Ross Barkley for £20m due to Everton getting relegated, so I think I'm going to try for him. Never played with him on FM but his stats seem good.

Nice to see a own tactic. Well done!

GK: Areola from Psg sometimes gets a free transfer, and will do a good job, if not go for Rajkovic. ( hav you sold Krul? )

RB: Iorfa, a good signing.

CM(D): check out Gil Romero and Radoja (celta Vigo), McCarthy (everton), Gueye (everton)

W: Pavon from Boca, Do too everton is down, try Deulofeu.

SS: Correa (loan from Atletico Madrid) Jato ( loan from Atletico Madrid) Oliver torres (Atletico Madrid) can often be very cheep to get, Barkely can do a good job, but seems very injury prone.

Why are you selling Miltrovic? and backup for Gayle?

Rajkovic is great but may not get a wp. I mentioned Consigli who is a god because he is a god and for goal keepers you can buy older and keep longer and he may be cheaper than younger players and I think you d better spend most of your dosh for good outfield players.

Nice to see a own tactic. Well done!

GK: Areola from Psg sometimes gets a free transfer, and will do a good job, if not go for Rajkovic. ( hav you sold Krul? )

RB: Iorfa, a good signing.

CM(D): check out Gil Romero and Radoja (celta Vigo), McCarthy (everton), Gueye (everton)

W: Pavon from Boca, Do too everton is down, try Deulofeu.

SS: Correa (loan from Atletico Madrid) Jato ( loan from Atletico Madrid) Oliver torres (Atletico Madrid) can often be very cheep to get, Barkely can do a good job, but seems very injury prone.

Why are you selling Miltrovic? and backup for Gayle?

Thanks, I dislike using other peoples tactics, they take away all sense of achievement in the game when using them IMO. I'm selling Mitrovic because, although I like him IRL and he is good on the game, he just doesn't fit my tactics.

Rajkovic is great but may not get a wp. I mentioned Consigli who is a god because he is a god and for goal keepers you can buy older and keep longer and he may be cheaper than younger players and I think you d better spend most of your dosh for good outfield players.

View attachment 115546

These were my final transfers anyway (if any of you are interested). I really wanted Consigli but his club weren't interested in selling, so I managed to pick up Kalinic on a free who will be good for a season or two until I can try and get Rajkovic. Loved the look of Vietto but he was already on loan at Sevilla and it wouldn't let me even make an offer for him. I'm happy with how the transfer window has gone though, and there were some great suggestions who I'll be keeping an eye on. Thanks!

can you upload or show me your tactic please. i play as well newcastle and i looking for good tactic for premier league. thanks

How are your team doing in prl, Rincon i never had succes with. Saponara was very good for me at my lazio save.

can you upload or show me your tactic please. i play as well newcastle and i looking for good tactic for premier league. thanks

I don't really stick to the same tactic, I generally try and tinker with it throughout the season. I haven't used the tactic above since very early in the season though, I instead changed to a 4-3-1-2 narrow formation which I've found successful.

How are your team doing in prl, Rincon i never had succes with. Saponara was very good for me at my lazio save.

Here's the table after 29 games:

View attachment 115184

As you can see I'm 7th but positions 2nd-7th are very tight. It's basically Spurs out on their own, me and every 'top' club in a mini league for the CL places, and then the rest of the league. I'm happy with that though considering they have much more resources. I've also beaten Liverpool 0-4 away (whilst they were undefeated), Arsenal 4-0 at home and Spurs 4-0 at home, just need more consistency.

Rincon is doing ok, he's defensively solid but doesn't offer much more. I was worried how his discipline would be but so far it has been fine. I may need to upgrade his position if I do get into Europe though. Saponara has shown glimpses of quality but hasn't really has much of a change due to Barkley's form and the fact that I'm currently only using one AM. Sometimes if I'm the favourite for a game I'll drop Barkley back into CM to accommodate Saponara though.

I'm starting a newcastle save what signings did you make 1st season?

I'm starting a newcastle save what signings did you make 1st season?

View attachment 115141

Taylor has been and is still fantastic. Smith is a regen. Dack is pretty good for the championship but has barely played at all this season. Pohjanpalo started off poor but hit form towards the end of the season, again hasn't played this season. van Ginkel was good in the championship and decent in the PL, but I sold him to Sevilla for £20m. Carvalho may turn out to be great but was my worst signing, he made one substitute appearance on his loan spell.

Tbh Newcastle's squad is ridiculous for the championship, the signings I made (apart from Taylor) were in reaction to other players leaving.

I don't really stick to the same tactic, I generally try and tinker with it throughout the season. I haven't used the tactic above since very early in the season though, I instead changed to a 4-3-1-2 narrow formation which I've found successful.

Thats a good 1 season in prl... If swansea goes down, you can pick up a player like Ayew or Gylfi.... Rincon and me never works, too many cards for my taist....

Thats some good wins, and your cb´s are young, in 2 years time they will be more consisten.

Here's the table after 29 games:

View attachment 1092392

As you can see I'm 7th but positions 2nd-7th are very tight. It's basically Spurs out on their own, me and every 'top' club in a mini league for the CL places, and then the rest of the league. I'm happy with that though considering they have much more resources. I've also beaten Liverpool 0-4 away (whilst they were undefeated), Arsenal 4-0 at home and Spurs 4-0 at home, just need more consistency.

Rincon is doing ok, he's defensively solid but doesn't offer much more. I was worried how his discipline would be but so far it has been fine. I may need to upgrade his position if I do get into Europe though. Saponara has shown glimpses of quality but hasn't really has much of a change due to Barkley's form and the fact that I'm currently only using one AM. Sometimes if I'm the favourite for a game I'll drop Barkley back into CM to accommodate Saponara though.

if your still looking to strengthen then kessie is a superb option for a cm(d)