Ivica Olic

Reaction score
Hi guys, this is my first post here and i need your help ^^

Ive just started a game with Standard Liege and i need a good deffensive ball winning midfielder and a good attacking mid right. I want young players and with good stats, but i dont have a lot of money (arround 2m)

Thank you, ill be waiting for your answers ^^

BWM: Stefan Strandberg (600k plus 800k instalments approx). He will develop into one of best players in the world
Attacking mr: T. Drage (similar price) plus Pinga (Santos) 200k plus 250 instalments (get both - the latter may be old but for a couple of seasons he'll own the Belgian leagues. He may be yellow if played in attack but disregard it. He' ll score loads if you play him there. What Im trying to say is that he's very versatile.) Both can play at am and on the wings as well.

All three can come within your budget.

First of all, thank you for your answer bro :D
I really liked your ideas, and Strandberg and Pinga are now in my team ^^
The main problem is Drage, it seems dat he isnt interested on my team. Do you have another suggestion?

EDIT: Ive sold a few players and i have 1.5m left

Last edited:
First of all, thank you for your answer bro :DI really liked your ideas, and Strandberg and Pinga are now in my team ^^ The main problem is Drage, it seems dat he isnt interested on my team. Do you have another suggestion?EDIT: Ive sold a few players and i have 1.5m left

1) Persevere with Drage. His value as well as mood become softer after a while. When I tried to get him with Bologna he didnt want to come at first then one week later he was positive. Bought him for Genk in a recent save and didnt have a problem joining and Standard has better reputation so ...

2) Sid Ahmed Aouedj is an AMR I think and within your budget and is a very decent alternative (though Drage is cheaper and better).

3) Make sure you have the requisite number of players trained in Belgium etc cos if not you ll be forced to use youngsters in your match squad. Two Belgians that you can look at are Ivens and Laurens De BockId also look at cheap but players such as Sviatchenko/Alex Milosevich/Almeback/Neto Paraiba (transfer listed very cheap/Muralha (1.8 rel clause)/Matheus (Botafogo) 825k/Maupay (1.29m compensation).

You can look here for more suggestions: http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2013-discussion/109333-manumads-box-sweets.html

Last edited:
Thx for all the info mate, u are helping me a lot :D

1) Today is 24th july in my save, and drage still isnt interested, what can i do? Should i continue trying?
2) I dont have this guy in my database. What a pitty.
3) Ivens is too expensive, de bock isnt interested in my team, ill sign Sviatchenko but i still need a good AMR. I can sign a good AML instead an AMR too if you know a good AML.

EDIT: Finaly i could sign Drage, ive sold a few players more and i want one new player more. I wanna buy a good goalkeeper, i have like 1m. Any ideas?

Thx ^^

Last edited:
Look at Manonne and Amos. You can buy them cheaply or on loan