Players for Sunderland 1st Season, Winter Window and for 2nd Season

insanity

Reaction score
Hey I started a new save with Sunderland I am enjoying it very much.
Looking for players in the Winter Transfer Window and also for the future.
The club is rich, which suggests I will get a lot of money for transfers. However I am lying in the "safe" 10th place with no prospect for getting at least to the 7th place and Europe unless I improve my squad. And even if I reach it I am afraid I will lack the dept of the squad to play in all the competitions and accomplish something.

I need to strengthen the whole squad beside the goal keeper and maby the defense in the next seasons.
However I am looking for :
1) Young CD that can develop in few years as I still have good defenders that are ageing;
2) A good Sweeper and CD - I got Boccheti but it is not enough; the scouts suggested me Jan Vertonghen, but I am willing to hear some other suggestions also. I do not need to sign one immediately I can do this in 1 or 2 seasons.
3) Deep Playmaker in a CM position - I am lacking creativity; I will love to have this one as soon as possible
4) AMC that can play also as AML; - again I will love to have this one as soon as possible
5) Old forward that can play first team football and help me tutor my young Target Man, Connor Wickham, who according to my staff is going to be my biggest player in few years. I got Bendtner as a main Target Man until the end of the season for now, so I will need one for my 2nd season. Nistelrooy seems as a good candidate, but he seems to be not willing to move to my club.
6) Wing Backs both at the left and the right side that can play also as midfielders and even fullbacks. I've got a lot of players, but no one is really performing.
7) I got Ruben Rochina and Ji Dong-Won as poachers. The question is if they are quality enough for my ambitions or I should try to sign a better one?
8) I am willing to sell players. Anyone has played with Sunderland and can suggest who are their deadwood players as it seems they got quite a lot. All of them seem as good looking players, but lacking something and not many performing.

Uhmm... Bump! So many views and still not an answer :(
Let me update you
1) I am developing Luis Liang (found him in my reserves) atm, but also trying to ****** Tobias Figuieredo, but I might use the last one as an Anchor Man.
2) Jan Vertonghen preferred Napoli instead of my team :(
3) I found out that I got Jack Colback who has some creativity and might develop into a good DLP with some training. I am going to give him a chance.
4) Bought Christian Eriksen and Petrucci and the latest I plan to train as CM also.
5) Brought back Kevin Philips, but apparently he can not tutor Connor Wickham. Does anyone has a clue why? Connor is still 19 and is not learning any PPMs atm. I tried to exchange Fraizer Campbell for Kevin Davies, but my player wanted a better contract from Bolton and the transfer failed.
6) Still no full backs and wing mids. I loaded off some of mine.
7) Yaya Sanogo moved to Man City, while Kadlec moved to Sevilia. Trying to get Niang now.
8) Sold Asamoah Gyan, Ahmed Elmohamady, but no one wants to buy O'Shea and Gardner or other players from the reserve team like Fraizer Campbell.

lol i suggest when you start a thread, keep it short and sweet. people are put off by the massive text-bomb that is your post. as for actually answering some of your questions...you could have a look at milan badelj, ruben yttergard jenssen as deep lying playmakers. have a look at douglas costa and willian, who are both amc that can play at aml..i'm sure you can afford one of them, and in my view, they're both better than christian eriksen. where is carlos fierro? if no one has signed him, thats the first player you should try and sign as a striker. in terms of centre-backs, have a look at loic nestor who is very solid. good luck

marco verratti still a star on this game in a few years time get ryan shawcross £5mill he a steal

Darwin Quintero - Brilliant little striker and cheap (3mil)
Adrian Aldrete - Outstanding left back and cheap (2.5 mil)
Jack Collison (5mil) was a god for me in cm for my Leicester Squad and held down a position for 5 seasons before suffering a bad leg break (By then i was managing Man City however)
Centre Back id try Shawcross - My uncle got him for 8.5 over 48months its worth a try
Matt Phillips develops into a good winger about 5mil tho but do it all over 48 months