Welcome!

FM Base has been serving the Football Manager community for nearly two decades and we're keen to ensure that we are here for two decades more.

Become a part of our community today, and you'll quickly realise that the Football Manager community is the best community.

Register

Players getting annoyed at receiving praise

Reaction score
I'm getting sick and tired of giving players praise who play well and them telling me that they thought they'd played rubbish :mad:

Just beat hibs 7-0 and whittaker got 8.6 so I praised him and now he's annoyed at me for praising him.
anyone else get this??

Reaction score
i have never had that what exactly did you say to him

Reaction score
I said you played well in the last game, keep it up. it's not the first time it's happened to me either. I always praise the best 3 players in a match and some of them get snotty about it, ****** annoying ha.

Reaction score
really get ****** off with some of the players, even if they are getting 8s-9s they get annoyed

Reaction score
players get anoyed if u praise them to much so they take it like a pinch of salt.
try not praising players every match should help.

Reaction score
lol well I doub tthat's the problem, whittaker hardly ever gets praised!

Reaction score
This is something i'd like to be changed in the next patch, really annoys me when i tell a player his form is good and he throws a strop because of it. Would also like a feature for praising training levels and behaviour.

Reaction score
It happens to me all the time.
And I don't even praise players that much!

Reaction score
i praise mine quite a lot cos its good for team spirit. 16 of my 25 players have me as a favoured personnel ha xD

I

iNickStuff

Well, give him meagre praise, and tell him that you want him to continue it in the next few matches. He will acknowledge he has done well, but be more determined to continue it.

Reaction score
This is something i'd like to be changed in the next patch, really annoys me when i tell a player his form is good and he throws a strop because of it. Would also like a feature for praising training levels and behaviour.
You can praise training levels if you've previously told them they need to work harder to make the first team/stay at the club.

Reaction score
i praise mine quite a lot cos its good for team spirit. 16 of my 25 players have me as a favoured personnel ha xD
Yeah, but praising the 3 best players is too much. Praise a player when he gets a 9.5, or a great run of form. You still get to be favourite personnel, and you're not handing out praise like candy, which seems to be part of the reason why they get upset =P

Reaction score
I never praise my players. I often tell them they are underperforming though.. :>

Reaction score
When praising performances, be careful as to who had the best rating.

I've found that praising a player, no matter how high a rating he had, that has a rating of more than 1 less than the best player, it's ineffective.

I usually praise the best player, and those having up to a .6 or .8 difference, depending how high the best rating was.

Also choose wisely between the two positive options, saving the second one for truly impressive stuff.

Reaction score
On my Arsenal save I told Arshavin he wasp playing well and to keep it up. He got ****** because of it an forced his way to Madrid :'(

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
I never praise my players, I don't care if I'm in their favoured personal, I'll probably sell them at the end of the season anyway.

Reaction score
praise them with they score a hat trick, MOTM, or to improve morale.