Players getting more stars out of nowhere

Lourencomvr

Reaction score
It's the second time that this happens to me, I bought Dybala on my second season and he was rated with 2,5 stars and loads of potential (as expected) but he never got more stars and, since he was my 3rd striker, I ended up sending him on a loan to Sampdoria on my 3rd season, where he was an absolute beast!

He scored tons of goals and suddenly my scouts rated him with 4 stars. I was really happy because both my strikers got injured and I called him back in December. All good until 3-4 weeks later he got back to 2,5 and underpreforming...

Well, since I was a bit upset with him I decided to send him again on a loan, this time for Juve and poof! 4-stars again.

Is this normal? Am I not using him correctly and that's why he gets a lower rating on my team? Any tips to make him score many goals?

(btw, playing a 4-1-2-3 with my striker as a complete forward (support))

He scored tons of goals and suddenly my scouts rated him with 4 stars. I was really happy because both my strikers got injured and I called him back in December. All good until 3-4 weeks later he got back to 2,5 and underpreforming...

You've answered your own question. Star ratings are a coaches/*** Managers opinon of a player. It's not a value that's static. It's a variable opinon.

You've answered your own question. Star ratings are a coaches/*** Managers opinon of a player. It's not a value that's static. It's a variable opinon.

oh... so I guess the same applies to the green balls in tactics? I've been wrong my whole life :p

Let's take an example.. a player like say, Fede Cartabia..
he'll probably be rated around 3+ stars with a potential of 5 stars probably for a team like Villarreal, Betis etc..
but for Barcelona, his rating would be a 2 star with a potential of maybe 3.5 stars, more or less..

more than the player, it's to do with your club, the coaches, scouts..
also, it happens many a times a player you scouted was rated just 2 stars, but when he comes at your club, he's immediately a 3-4 star player.. why?
because of better coaches and training, which would act as a catalyst to help jump the players attributes..

At least you can gain stars, usually my players only lose stars, for Real Madrid I scouted Marcos Lopes and Ruben Neves with a 20/20 CA PA scout, 4 stars each, bought them and my 20/20 CA PA Assistant Manager rates them 2 stars.

The star system is related to your squad as a whole. I take it in your squad the other strikers/forwards are the finished article and have more stars, however when you send him out on loan he is playing in a squad where he is one of the best players. I tend to ignore the star rating generally and look at what the scout is saying and the individuals stats that is a clearer indication of how your player is developing.

Star rating is also influenced by things like the player's form.

At least you can gain stars, usually my players only lose stars, for Real Madrid I scouted Marcos Lopes and Ruben Neves with a 20/20 CA PA scout, 4 stars each, bought them and my 20/20 CA PA Assistant Manager rates them 2 stars.
How did you scout them?

Also, your assistant is starting without form influencing him, so with good form, their star rating can and will increase.

The star rating seems to confuse so many people, needs to be changed somehow I think, it is a bit complicated

It's because people put way too much importance on it.

How did you scout them?

Also, your assistant is starting without form influencing him, so with good form, their star rating can and will increase.
I have them for 1,5 and 1 year respectively, Marcos Lopes is in super form, and Ruben Neves is backup to Romero, they had at first 2,5 to 3,5 and 1,5 to 2,5 stars, they have both dropped to 2. I also have a regen, he had 3 to 4 stars, sent him on loan but recalled him 6 months later because I sold Isco, so I needed another midfielder, he came back with 2 to 2,5 stars. WTF.

I checked on FM Scout, he has 200 PA.

It's because people put way too much importance on it.

Yes, the most important are "your own stars"

- scouts, coaches, only informative, to filter out "losers" so you won't have to check out thousands of players, but the final decision should be yours, after you get a player with decent rating from a scout. (with experience, you can even estimate potential for young players)

I have them for 1,5 and 1 year respectively, Marcos Lopes is in super form, and Ruben Neves is backup to Romero, they had at first 2,5 to 3,5 and 1,5 to 2,5 stars, they have both dropped to 2. I also have a regen, he had 3 to 4 stars, sent him on loan but recalled him 6 months later because I sold Isco, so I needed another midfielder, he came back with 2 to 2,5 stars. WTF.

I checked on FM Scout, he has 200 PA.
That still doesn't answer my question. HOW did you scout the player before you bought him?

And for the quoted part - as I said, form etc will play a part. I also will hazard a guess that when he arrived back at the club, he is technically 'new' so will start with a neutral as far as his form goes.

That still doesn't answer my question. HOW did you scout the player before you bought him?

And for the quoted part - as I said, form etc will play a part. I also will hazard a guess that when he arrived back at the club, he is technically 'new' so will start with a neutral as far as his form goes.
Scouted thoroughly, with my best scouts. Marcos had less time, since he was on the cheap and the windows was closing soon, but both were scouted for at least 2 weeks, and Ruben Neves I think was scouted until 100% knowledge, for 6 months.