Players getting unhappy about wanting to leave to play in Champions League?

Reaction score
Hey guys, I currently manage Roma in 2032, I just won Serie A last season and the European Super Cup as well at the beginning of the season, but in the summer after we won the league about 3 players came to me unhappy about wanting to leave to play in the Champions League, 2 of them were fine when I told them they weren't going anywhere but one of them has really escalated and it just seems to me that this whole thing is really silly, we were actually in the Champions League last season as well as we got to the knockout stage, also i'm not 100 % sure on this but my shortlist looks a little bit threadbare when I'm searching for players, is there an actual possibility we might not be in the Champions League this season, or is this some kind of bug/glitch? Thanks.

I didn't think about that I completely forgot about FFP, that must be it, it's October now and we're definitely not in the Champions League, it must be because we have too many players on high wages, I have 5 players on 100k and over and 1 of them my highest earner is on 225k, we have a few 4/5 star players so it's obviously hard to negotiate with them especially when they're already on good money from the previous regime, but then again another thing I noticed is our finances at the end of last season were a little rocky, either way I will have to try and eliminate this issue ready for next season. Here's my squad list as well with my wages on them.

View attachment 174874

Last edited:
Have a look in the finances section at the bottom, the board will give you a breakdown if you meet FFP or not.

Yeah I have just had a look, at the moment it says we are on course to meet Champions League FFP Regulations, it must have just been when we were at the end of last season, I just went on my club history where it comes up with landmarks and it says I failed it in June 2032 at the end of last season so we must have been in a bad position then, our finances have improved a bit since then and I did sell a player who was on 150k since then too so hopefully we meet it this time around.

Thought I'd reply back on this as I've just come to the end of a very successful 3rd season with Roma, and now I've had a look in finances and it seems we're set to fail it again, I really have no idea what is happening and I am not really an expert when it comes to finances, I just try to obviously negotiate wages and fees to the most affordable and ideal for both parties, but where is this coming from? Every season I roughly get a 25-30 million pound budget and a 1.4 million wage budget if that helps, I'm really not sure if this is a common issue when it comes to doing a save in Serie A these days due to not getting the tv money revenue BPL and La Liga gets or if it's just an issue that my club Roma have found, also does this mean to solve the issue I would have to consider selling people to make profit or is there other ways to do this? I just want to play in the Champions League to be honest and hopefully win it, but if this keeps on happening then it may not be worth managing Roma any longer. If anybody has got any thoughts I'd appreciate it, I'm happy to provide more screenshots if neccessary, thanks.

*UPDATE* Just simmed forward a bit and it turns out we have managed to qualify for it in the end, which is great as I couldn't bear another season without Champions League football, but it still seems weird to me, like I just noticed as well Juventus didn't qualify for it even though they finished 2nd, and in AC Milans club history another big team on my game, there has been occasions on their history where they haven't been able to.

View attachment 174571 View attachment 174570

Last edited:
I've found to keep in FFP especially when your wages are high is to alter the transfer funds downwards a little which means the wages budget increases, it also seems to mean that profits increase. Also have you tried to get an affilated club which offers souvenir sales (Asian and US clubs are good for extra sales) that should also help with the FFP.