players getting worse during season break

Burnhead

Reaction score
hey,

i am wondering why nearly all of my players are coming back worse (the star rating of their current ability just drops by a star or half a star) from their holidays.
I does not matter which players old or young, first team or subs.
Does anyone know a reason for this>? And how to avoid it?
It is pretty frustrating to see the players who developed well during the last season being as bad as before in the new season.

Thanks!

It's just because they haven't been training, it's something that happens. The stats should re-increase through pre-season friendlies

how many friendlies do you normally arrange?
I usually play like 5, but still some players (young, first team) dont seem to be able to reach their old ability during the whole season.

Last edited:
how many friendlies do you normally arrange?
I usually play like 5, but still some players dont seem to be able to reach their old ability during the whole season.

It depends on my opening fixtures, on my current game I didnt play any this season because my opening fixtures were so easy, I used them to work myself in. Im hoping it will stand me in good stead at the end of the season. Wolves, Wigan and Grasshoppers, couldnt of planned it any better, lol.

msgkti.jpg

Last edited:
Try arranging like 4-5 friendlies, and then a small 4 team friendly competition against teams like ajax,milan, and some other team.It usually allows you to give all your players even your youngsters and fringe players an opportunity to shine pre-season, their stats should increase, if not then either your training or someting you are dong is wrong, i will keep an eye on it though and see what happens.