Players have too much power and too sensetive?

theone25

Reaction score
I've seen recently while trying to restructure the squad I was trying to sell Fabregas in 2016, he's the highest paid player at the club and isn't nowhere near the level of Hazard or a few other players on less money. Plus he's 29 and his value is going to drop like a stone in a year or two. So anyway I was trying to sell him, offered him to other clubs, and he was unhappy. Next thing I know the whole squad are banging on my door trying to know why I'm forcing him out of the club... I mean WTF? I won back to back premier league and champs league titles at Chelsea, so it's not like I haven't achieved anything. This kind of BS only happens on FM, the players at Barca loved Cesc and a year after he left told the press how they thought he was undervalued and wasn't treated right, but do any of them have the gall to question the manager, or club hierarchy? The manager then was Martino I believe, and he hadn't won anything but nobody said a thing, they might've been unhappy but the press wasn't asking the manager the next day if the whole team were unhappy with the treatment of Fabregas. As long as the team keeps winning everyone should STFU and do their job. I understand everything being an issue when players are unhappy and results are bad. If I am crazy enough to sell the star player, I understand their concerns about the club not being ambitious enough and a team meeting is warranted, but a player who's been below par and is on crazy money, this is just pure and utter BS. Every time I try to sell a player, other one was Schurrle the other players were unhappy and were coming to me again for a team meeting. And he's a rotation option at best. Yes the number of players were a lot lower in his case but still, this sort of thing needs to be reserved for the best player at the club, not every other decent Joe.

Player Interaction and the Promise system has been an issue in FM15 and the scenarios you have listed are no way near as strange as some on here. Its frustrating but there's not a lot you can do. Make sure you manage your squad and consider every action you take can have a consequence.

There could be stranger things going on in the game, but all I'm saying is the scenario described above is not acceptable under any circumstances. They need to sort this out for the next update or next version of FM.

Was he a club favourite/icon? What was his squad status?

So he's a good player, with a high rep and probably a fan/club favourite by now and you think it's okay to just shove him off, expecting no-one to say anything? They're going to ask questions! What did you say though? Did you stand your ground or give into their demands?