Players interested in my club won't go into contract negotiations?

daisuke

Reaction score
So I'm Liverpool and currently in season 2. I'm trying to buy Mitrovic since now I can get him below 20M but why the heck he isn't interested in contract negotiations? The scout reports clearly shows he is interested, and I kept declaring interest and he reacted positively. Same goes with Luke Shaw. These 2 players are the players I reallyyyy wanted to sign especially Luke Shaw so I'm really gutted. Why does this happen? By any chance does declaring interest cause this? Because I declared interested in Luke Shaw as well.

Hey mate, I have the same problem as you. Did the double in the first season, now trying to sign Shaw.
I assume it could be because he has "Chelsea supporter" credited in his profile under information? or it's merely his agent being a stubborn c*** - Got any solution to the problem yet?
cheers

Fairly sure it must be some sort of bug, it's happened to me countless times too. Annoying thing is Balanta's price got driven up by a good 7.5m because it took so long to get him!

having the same issue. with Southampton, managed to qual champs league first season. trying to sign Tom Ince, who is leaving on a free. says in the media he would love to play for me, but when transfer is accepted agent says he is not interested. same happening with Jack Butland. neither are unrealistic transfers? had Michael Keane on loan all season, and would you believe it the agent is blocking that one too. funny thing is, I had no problem at all signing Oxlade-Chamberlain. this game stinks, like usual. but I'm addicted. like usual.

Could they already have a deal in place with someone else? Not sure why that would happen otherwise.

nope no deals. let time run on and Leicester jumped in and signed Ince for a small transfer fee. the others are just at their usual clubs. looks like i'm gonna have to buy the in game editor.

Same with me at PSG; had bids accepted for Danilo (18m), Mangala (15m) and Gundogan (30m) in my 2nd season! All 3 players declared their interest in joining, yet declined to go into contract talks! Yet I managed to sign Diego Costa (32m) and Sandro (25m) with ease...

I have a tricky solution

You can easily bid £200m for Messi and (if) the club accept it, then the problem is Messi won't enter into contract negotiation, or Sterling says he wants to play in UCL and decides to not sign a new contract. This kind of thing really ****** me off until I found out a really tricky way to 'force' a player to enter into a contract negotiation. Whether the player to accept the contract depends on the budget & the interest (at least 'dubious'). For staff signing, so far its 100% effective (depends on budget) and guess what? I've managed to sign Guardiola as my asst manager at Negeri Sembilan in Malaysian league :p but as for now I don't want to reveal the trick bcos I don't want SI to fix the bug (if they decide to do so) unless someone can guarantee me that such thing won't happen. Peace :)