Players keep downgrading?

• Thread starter Thread starter TezJaggs
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

TezJaggs

Reaction score
Why do my players keep getting downgraded? I win nearly every game, have won the league 4 years in a row and various cups, i have 5star or 4 and half star coaching team. I just don't understand.
I bought Neymar who was 4 and half star about 3months ago (ingame) he has played 9 games and scored 8 has 7.90 average rating and now he is 4 stars not 4 and half.
Same thing happens with my youth team players i have bought who were 4 and half stars.
WHY IS THIS HAPPENING?

Is that downgrading of attributes? or just star rating? if its star rating don't worry about it especially if your team is playing well. Star ratings are just perceptions of your staff. Better the club the lower star rating a player will have. eg. if i am Watford... Kevin Nolan may be 4 stars + but if i was Barca Kevin Nolan would be 1-2 stars? It's only an opinion of the player....

Hope i helped :P

Please have a look at my tactic... Maybe you could use it
http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/foot...ndan-rodgers-4_3_3-possession-ccc-tactic.html

Yeah star rating, i am tottenham though and the 2nd best team in europe, so i cant understand why my star ratings are changing?

Last edited:
Star rating is based on your current team as a whole, as you improve your team by bringing in new better players the star ratings will change.
When you got Neymar his CA/PA was probably a good 20-30 points or more higher than that of your team average. Now a few seasons on that difference has decreased as your team has improved so those top end players aren't much better overall than the rest of your team.

In short, your players aren't getting worse your team is just getting better.

Ok thanks for the info, it is quite confusing though i think, it could be clearer, i understand the championship 4stars get promoted to premier and 2 stars or something, but i dont see why they should change when i am top of the league still and nothing drastic has changed.
Anyway, thanks for your reply, it puts my mind at rest as i thought everyone was just going backwards at my club lol

I maybe wrong but i think there's a link to club rep as well. as club rep grows your players stars get lower. anyway its not much of an issue because the stars will affect all players. if neymar was better than player B before he wills till be as both players stars would have dropped. its only a tool for comparison not an absolute.

Star rating is based on your current team as a whole, as you improve your team by bringing in new better players the star ratings will change.
When you got Neymar his CA/PA was probably a good 20-30 points or more higher than that of your team average. Now a few seasons on that difference has decreased as your team has improved so those top end players aren't much better overall than the rest of your team.

In short, your players aren't getting worse your team is just getting better.

could not have explained it better myself! :) thanks JDY

Back