Groedius

Reaction score
If i buy an non english speaking player will they learn english and it will appear in there in game profile ? I have had some messages from my assistant saying that my team find it hard to communicate due to the Language barrier, However the player which this is affecting has been at my club for almost a full season now and it does not list english not even basic in his profile ?

it usually takes time for the player to learn a language, it depends on the adaptability of the player how long it takes him to learn, maybe next season he will learn, but you have to be patient...

gah, have same problem. My key playmakes is from spain. I got him 4 years ago. Still, he cant speak basic english oO)

I guess the main stat that would effect this is adaptability - low adaptability = takes ages to learn a new language

Ahh okay thanks guys and what about if i buy another player who speaks his language and English already would this help to speed up the process ?

Let me just preface this by saying I always start in lower leagues and try to work my way up, so my experiences are usually from about 2013 or later since I don't have the finances to bring in many foreign players. When I start bringing in players from other countries, I always try to have a coach or another player that is the same region as them (i.e. Scandinavia, Eastern Europe, Africa). These coaches don't even necessarily facilitate any of their training regimen or anything. I am probably just imagining this as superstition in my head, but possibly there could be something with players fitting in based on region as well as language. I am in 2024 in my current save and I have only ever had one player have problems fitting in (an English regen I brought into my Spanish club).

I bought a young regen from an Italian club when he was 16. He is 19 now, but still only speaks Italian, not even English (basic) yet. :(

i think that the age of the player, his adaptability, his personality, other players with his nationality, and whether there is anyone else that speaks the language he does and the one you want him to learn all effect it. i know the nationality and the languages ones affect it as i keep signing players that speak french/are french and getting messages about evra helping them settle.

forgot to add determination as some players will be determined to learn the languag whereas others will start learning it, struggle and give up.