Players leaving club on free transfers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord_Slop

Reaction score
I've been losing my players to free transfers lately, cost me nearly 40 Million so far, the scenario is always the same.

1. Big club offers a high bid for a player that I don't want to let go of, cause he's a hot prospect or a fan favourite.
2. I refuse the deal and give the player more playing time.
3. I offer the player a contract renewal.
4. The player refuses the renewal for different reasons.
5. The clubs stop offering transfers for him.
6. The clubs get him on free transfer.

I've lost Chivu to Juventus this way, after they were bidding around 25 Million for him and I refused, he decided he needed a new challenge and refused to renew, and signed his deal with juventus for free instead.

Same with Jordan Spence, a 20 year old central defender, I landed him for 4 Million 2 years earlier when he was 18, got him playing as a rotation for 2 years, just as I decided to put him in as first team instead of Lucio, Real Madrid, Barcelona and Manchester United starting offering 20 Million deals for him which I refused, decided to renew his contract to get them off my back, he refused and signed a free transfer move to Udinese for the end of the season.

Anything I'm doing wrong that I need to address here?

well the obvious solution is just sell them for money instead of letting them go on a free

stop whinging, Brummy 123 is correct , sell them for cash, or give them a longer contract when they are still unknown. Cant blame the bigger clubs for using this tactic against you at it saves them lots of money

ye if they want to leave its not hard to realise that if you reject the other clubs offer the players are going to be unhappy and not willing to discuss another contract.

Accept the bids, offer the guy an improved contract, if he accepts yours then your sorted, if not, then you can either sell him, or cancel the transfer.

stop whinging, Brummy 123 is correct , sell them for cash, or give them a longer contract when they are still unknown. Cant blame the bigger clubs for using this tactic against you at it saves them lots of money

I fail to see the WHINING, I asked a question on whether I should do something, the answer I received is well and good and much appreciated, but I see no reason for pushing such a word, I would appreciate a bit more judgement on your side when it comes to choosing words

---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------

Accept the bids, offer the guy an improved contract, if he accepts yours then your sorted, if not, then you can either sell him, or cancel the transfer.

Thanks, that should take care of it going forward.

I fail to see the WHINING, I asked a question on whether I should do something, the answer I received is well and good and much appreciated, but I see no reason for pushing such a word, I would appreciate a bit more judgement on your side when it comes to choosing words

[COLOR=#00e0]---------- Post added at 12:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:15 PM ----------[/COLOR]

Thanks, that should take care of it going forward.

sorry:mad:

If they refuse to sign a new contract, offer them to clubs when they have a year left on theirr contract and the offers should come in.

Dont let there contracts go under the 12 month to go mark, even then you will have plenty of time to sell them if they are being difficult.

Thanks all for the valuable advice, I'm monitoring all contracts much closer now.

I think you have acted foolish.

What i mean is simple. If you buy a 17yr old i think you can get him to sign a 2/3 year contract. As he turns 18 you can tie him to a 5 year contract. Why wait when there's 1 year remaining to renew his contract?

2nd thing is that you can try to 'fool' the player. Set his status to key. Offer him a higher salary. After he accepted the contract then re-set it to hot prospect...etc

3rd thing at Man Utd, i always offter my stars contract every year provided the increase in salary they ask is not too much. This way i do not loose them.

When you have refused the offer if the player gets annoyed, drop him for few games, automatically he's get his head down after some time.

Last edited:
I think you have acted foolish.

What i mean is simple. If you buy a 17yr old i think you can get him to sign a 2/3 year contract. As he turns 18 you can tie him to a 5 year contract. Why wait when there's 1 year remaining to renew his contract?

2nd thing is that you can try to 'fool' the player. Set his status to key. Offer him a higher salary. After he accepted the contract then re-set it to hot prospect...etc

I fully agree with you on that I should have renewed his contract much earlier, I just didn't see it coming, he was getting regular first team football, playing 1 match in each 3 and subbed in for Zapata or Lucio mid-way some matches, he looked happy, I simply didn't see a reason for him to want to leave, it caught me off guard, but as you said, I should tie down youngsters for some time longer.

In my defense, I've only been playing for 2 weeks and this is my first save where I go further than half a season, so I'll need to chalk it up to experience :)

You can set a high asking price like you can set 100 mil. euros asking price noone will buy you those players like I made my own team of me and my friends they were the best players in the world like I won Barcelona 5-0. Noone made a bid and I've set those asking prices at the beginning of the game. That could help you out.

You can set a high asking price like you can set 100 mil. euros asking price noone will buy you those players like I made my own team of me and my friends they were the best players in the world like I won Barcelona 5-0. Noone made a bid and I've set those asking prices at the beginning of the game. That could help you out.
Yep! I always do that ;) OR! You can take advantage of the sitiuation, and try to make a trade request! :)

I normally offer contracts to key players in pre-season when i get the notification of players' contracts expiring at the end of this season.

I normally offer contracts to key players in pre-season when i get the notification of players' contracts expiring at the end of this season.

Same. The best way to warn other clubs off your key players is to set ridiculous asking values right when you start the game. For instance, as Chelsea, I'm asking £100 million for the likes of Lampard, Cole and Terry, as to me, they're indispensable to the club. Also you can start commenting on managers frequently and gain friendships to ward off interest. Sometimes they won't listen and bid anyways but it can't hurt.

I find if a big club makes a bid they usually make it negotiable so instead of rejecting the offer i like to say i'll settle on a deal worth something like 100 mil. this makes the other team pull out of the deal and your player usually has no srop in morale and will sign future contracts. :) sorry if this doesn't help, it just works for me a lot.

Hello, ive got one problem with this game. Three of my best players are goint out of contracts, its November, and their contracts are to June, next year and they just dont want to renew them, the agents are saying that they dont have any interest?! The are playing in all games, the status of one them in the Personal menu is "Dont want to leave the club", but in January all clubs can make offers to them and i'll lost them, without money... do you have any tips how to make to want new contracts?! Its really stupid situation, they dont want to leave the club, but in the same time they dont want to renews their contracs, ive move the days forward and in the first moment, teams like Arsenal and Juventus are making bids for them, i can sell them ( the players are Geraldo, Tiago Alves and Zezinho, i'm with Levski Sofia ) for money, but i don't want, i want them in my squad and i'm running out of time to do it, so please tell me some tips, ive spoke many with them all three are with good relationship with me, their morale is superb, they are playing fantastic, their agents likes me, but i dont know what i should do to renew this contractssss...

If they have agents, then you are in the wrong thread my friend.

Please check the dates.

This thread may interest you, your problem is part of the wider transfer bug, which will be fixed in the next patch.

Status
Not open for further replies.