Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum but have played Football Manager for many years.
I have recently lead Everton to 2nd in my first season and I am not sure whether to take over Arsenal if it becomes available or continue to grow with Everton.

The reason for this Post is because I lose players in key positions for Everton and also Arsenal lack players in key positions.
The formation I play is 4-3-2-1 (with two wingers). I am looking for a striker who can play alone and still score goals, a ball winning mid, DLP and AP. Also if any goalkeepers could be recommended I would appreciate it.

I have a long shortlist of players in place but I am basically looking for second opinions or recommendations for hidden gems, especially as Everton are cash strapped.

Thank you,

Gav

Hi I am new to this forum but have played Football Manager for many years.
I have recently lead Everton to 2nd in my first season and I am not sure whether to take over Arsenal if it becomes available or continue to grow with Everton.

The reason for this Post is because I lose players in key positions for Everton and also Arsenal lack players in key positions.
The formation I play is 4-3-2-1 (with two wingers). I am looking for a striker who can play alone and still score goals, a ball winning mid, DLP and AP. Also if any goalkeepers could be recommended I would appreciate it.

I have a long shortlist of players in place but I am basically looking for second opinions or recommendations for hidden gems, especially as Everton are cash strapped.

Thank you,

Gav
budget?

Budget not confirmed yet. But with players sales and the fact I have Champions League football with Everton I am expected 20 million.
Again i am undecided about taking over from Arsenal but I would expect 30 mill budget with them.

Have a look at Diame if he has not moved already?

Carlos Vela?
Mitrovic?

Not sure on a deep lying playmaker. Maybe have a look at younger players, Oliver from Athletico B, Will hughes from Derby? Not sure how well they could fill the role though mate as I have not used them myself.

Maybe scout that Romero player from Barca B (name might be wrong haha)

I am aiming or hoping to get Schneiderlin or Wanyama.
My current Midfield is Diame, McCarthy and Holtby with Barkley first choice sub. It is successful but with Barry going back to City and the likes of Osman, Gibson not up to much I am down on numbers for next season.

Has anybody tried Shane Long upfront?, he was 2nd top scorer in my save and was always up there in past games. Star rating and scout rec has me afraid to take the gamble.

Last edited:
DLP - Jonas Svensson is brilliant and can be signed for hardly anything, but you'll need to have the Norwegian league loaded. Or you could get Oriel Romeu. He's doing brilliant for me. Signed him for 400k second season. And Simao is a great BWM.

Striker - Mitrovic. He's class. Or Josef Martinez if you don't have any money left and are willing to nurture him. He develops great stats.

Have a look at Diame if he has not moved already?

Carlos Vela?
Mitrovic?

Not sure on a deep lying playmaker. Maybe have a look at younger players, Oliver from Athletico B, Will hughes from Derby? Not sure how well they could fill the role though mate as I have not used them myself.

Maybe scout that Romero player from Barca B (name might be wrong haha)

How much is Mitrovic available for do you know?, he is a player i have tracked but any moves have been rejected.

DLP - Jonas Svensson is brilliant and can be signed for hardly anything, but you'll need to have the Norwegian league loaded. Or you could get Oriel Romeu. He's doing brilliant for me. Signed him for 400k second season. And Simao is a great BWM.

Striker - Mitrovic. He's class. Or Josef Martinez if you don't have any money left and are willing to nurture him. He develops great stats.

Unfortunately the Norwegian league wasn't in my taughts. I have Diame now and George Horne coming in the summer. Mitrovic looks to be someone that is recommended alot.